"One Eyed Jack" and "Three Eyed Turtle"

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

Obviously "Three Eyed Turtle" was not the episode's final name but I wonder, since they were aired consecutively, if the title of one influenced the other. What's the significance of this title anyway?

• Administrators

Google three eyed turtle and you'll understand why they decided not to use it. Please don't post what you find! :eek:

Guest myonlyvice

Google three eyed turtle and you'll understnd why they decided not to use it. Please don't post what you find! :eek:

I'll do that, with some trepidation. Thanks.

• Administrators

Google three eyed turtle and you'll understnd why they decided not to use it. Please don't post what you find! :eek:

Wow! Ya learn something new on this site every day. That is a first for me. :thumbsup:

Guest myonlyvice

I must be pretty old fashioned because I really just prefer the "One Eyed Jack" to the "Three Eyed Turtle". Ummm, or at least the "One" part, anyway. :)

Wow! Ya learn something new on this site every day. That is a first for me. :thumbsup:

There are all kinds of things you can learn at www.UrbanDictionary.com and alternate definitions of otherwise innocent terms. :);)several words come to mind there as a matter of fact.

I still don't get why this was a possible title for the ep. I'd understand "One-Eyed Turtle" (euphemism for penis) since Tony was such a jerk. But the three really throws me.

• 3 months later...

My fellow MV fans, get those lewd thoughts out your head!Put on your detective badges and think!You don't need Hank Wheldon's computer to figure this one out.ther answer is STARING YOU STRAIGHT IN THE FACE (yes, that's a hint)now, get crackin':)bruce

this alternate title has an interesting reason (those of you who read my episode guide know this already).Joel Surnow mentioned this once in an interview. When I researched the sub-title for my book, I stumbled across this interview.Question: "Who came up with the title Three Eyed Turtle? Was it from the Miami Vice EP from way back?"Surnow: "Someone has been doing their homework! It was Maurice Hurley who wrote the Miami Vice episode of the same title. Neither of us know what the expression means. We just saw a personal ad once for Swingers who were into S&M and bondage, but absolutely no "3 eyed turtles". That intrigued us!"(Source: http://lfnhideaway.tripod.com/joelchat.htm)

Interesting factoid.the advert that says "no three-eyed turtles' means no voyeurs (I think)That is also what the MV ep refers to - although it may be a gigantic coincidence!To me, the three -eyed turtle refers to the stakeout team and Crockett in particular.I suspect the original script had a line like "i feel like a three eyed turtle cooped up in this boat".The third eye is, of course the telescopeThe boat is the shell.the cop is the turtle.lesson over!