car in Smugglers Blues

sunnyburnett

I was just watching Smugglers Blues (which is in the top 3 episodes) and I noticed that the white car Crockett is driving is the same kind he drove in Nash Bridges. Only complaint I have is that my dvd version is darker than the TV version....frusterating

• Administrators

It was a Mustang which can not possibly be confused with a 1971 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda! Dude, those DVDs must be darker than you think!

It was a Mustang which can not possibly be confused with a 1971 Plymouth Hemi-Cuda! Dude' date=' those DVDs must be darker than you think![/quote'] Was a Mustang at the airport. And didn't the bad guys crash kind of a rare little two-seater, maybe a Triumph, as well? Surprising given they are not all that common.

Was a Mustang at the airport. And didn't the bad guys crash kind of a rare little two-seater' date=' maybe a Triumph, as well? Surprising given they are not all that common.[/quote'] I'm not sure, but it sure did look like a Triumph that Sonny crashed off the runway.

Yes the white car was definitely a "Stang" ragtop.And the little MG may be rare these days, but back when they were filming, they were a dime a dozen.Same goes for many of the "extras vehicles" that were used. There were cars of all flavours, lots of Fords, Chryslers and Chevys in stock which today would be considered collectors items. I'm not referring to the exotics like the Masserati or Lotus etc but the chase cars and so on.

Right on Stinger... You nailed it. At the time Vice was filmed and viewed on TV, these cars were everywhere and folks practically gave them away. Today? Different story. At first I thought it was gonna be the Ford Fairmont that got jumped into the bay....Opps.. What was I thinking??...LOL...Mike