MV/DJ will be included in my wedding!

whitney88

Just picked the first dance me and my husband will dance to at the reception. it will be Don Johnson's "Lost in Your Eyes" Love this song always makes me cry! I'm asking thinking of having the band play the MV theme song! Any other suggestions to make this a MV wedding? :happy:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4020[/ATTACH]

I have a suggestion.DO invite this guy to perform music at your wedding.Eingefügtes BildDON'T invite this guy to serve the guests.Eingefügtes Bild

lol love it cooper!! :D it would be amazing if jan hammer played at my wedding! a girl can dream...! [ATTACH=CONFIG]4022[/ATTACH]

post-10128-13892963668983_thumb.jpg

ROFL Coop - that is too funny!! :)Whitney88 - that is fantastic!! :happy:So what kinds of Miami Vice things are you looking at including (like a colour scheme, or favors/bonboniere for the guests?). Those sorts of things?

[SIZE=5">

DON'T invite this guy to serve the guests.Eingefügtes Bild

Oh my Coop' date=' that's a greate joke !I lie on the floor and I have shortness of breath - but never mind, I love to laugh![/size'] Whtiney88 - The idea to celebrate a wedding with parts of MV - is absolutely terrific. What for a wonderful husband you've found? (Love and care for him !!) Mine would say: You've a bird :birdie:! Oh -wait again for a moment ;), and I wish you with all my heart Eingefügtes Bild a beautifulary dress. This was horrible for a bride :thumbsdown:! Why do I actually always have this picture in my head when it comes to MV and wedding? Oh yes, I know, because it was so beautiful :happy: to see this scene (not the dress of the bride :)).... Not to grin! I am a woman, I may say so :p!It would be wonderful to hear again some of your preparations ....

I think to make it a Miami Vice wedding, you´ll need a lot of pastel colors with the napkins, the flowers, and the decoration.

You need this to chauffeur you into the wedding.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4029[/ATTACH]:D

Good idea alleycat :clap:Okay' date=' here's a little addition ...How about this as a place for the wedding night [ATTACH=CONFIG']4030[/ATTACH] ?But only :) if this [ATTACH=CONFIG]4031[/ATTACH] is not too small ;)?Oh yes, it's really funny to plan!

post-10115-13892963670426_thumb.jpg

post-10115-13892963670614_thumb.jpg

ROFL Coop - that is too funny!! :)Whitney88 - that is fantastic!! :happy:So what kinds of Miami Vice things are you looking at including (like a colour scheme' date=' or favors/bonboniere for the guests?). Those sorts of things?[/quote'] I'm Thinking about Miami Vice Wedding favors. I'm not too sure what kind of favors to get. I pretty much will have a lot of pastel colors for the color scheme. There will be a lot I'd blues, pinks, and greens. I'm trying to convince my fiancé to dress like Sonny when we leave the reception lol!

4030[/ATTACH] ?But only :) if this [ATTACH=CONFIG]4031[/ATTACH] is not too small ;)?Oh yes, it's really funny to plan!

Love it! We are really considering doing a private boat for the honeymoon. If we can find a boat/cruise with an alligator we will be set!!

I have a suggestion.DO invite this guy to perform music at your wedding.Eingefügtes BildDON'T invite this guy to serve the guests.Eingefügtes Bild

hahahaahahaha i Loved it!

I'm Thinking about Miami Vice Wedding favors. I'm not too sure what kind of favors to get. I pretty much will have a lot of pastel colors for the color scheme. There will be a lot I'd blues' date=' pinks, and greens. I'm trying to convince my fiancé to dress like Sonny when we leave the reception lol![/quote'] OK, cool, so you've got the colour scheme going. I remember an interview with Jodie Tillen (the costume designer in the 1st season) saying that the clothing colours reflected the colours you'd see in Miami - white, aqua & the pastels (so like you mentioned the pinks, greens). I think that a lilac shade would be great too. And remember the cardinal rule - no red and no earthy tones!At my brother's engagement party, I was in charge of decorations. For the centrepieces, I got a round mirror and sat a vase on top. Then I filled the vase with white water crystal balls (which come in a packet in teeny tiny form, you soak them in water & they expand):http://www.majesticdiy.com.au/Water-Crystal-Balls_c07E3E030-8990-43FA-A0BC-EFFA8D19A6C6Then I put a submersible LED light into the vase, and the water crystals glow with whatever colour the light is. They chose to have the colour changing lights, but you can get a single colour:http://www.majesticdiy.com.au/Waterproof-Submersibles_cC78667B0-955F-43C7-9F16-82F8D34A96EDSo you could choose a single colour, or have different colours on different tables.Also, instead of table numbers, we named the tables after cities around the world. So you could name the tables with Miami Vice associated things - character names, or things like that.Yes you should get your fiance to dress like Sonny - that would be fantastic!I guess you could list the main things characteristic of the show & then try to come up with ideas from that. Things like:- Fashion (pastels, rolled up sleeves, Ray Ban Wayfarers)- 80s Music - Ferrari- Boats- Alligator- The BeachJust another idea (depending on what your budget is & how many guests you are having) - you could choose a photo of Crockett & Tubbs and get something custom printed for favors. Or you could get those little clear boxes and fill them with something Miami Vice inspired. A little toy Ferrari? ;) I'll try to keep thinking of ideas!

Just how far do you actually plan on fitting in MIAMI VICE into your wedding?Will it be subtle, or do you actually plan to go all the way MIAMI VICE?Is your future husband up for this?

These are the table names I made myself for my brother's engagement party. I painted a cup black, then stuck pictures on the cup of things associated with that city. I filled the cup with pebbles, then I got chopsticks and painted them & attached them to a black piece of cardboard with the city's name on it.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

http://www.majesticdiy.com.au/Water-Crystal-Balls_c07E3E030-8990-43FA-A0BC-EFFA8D19A6C6Then I put a submersible LED light into the vase, and the water crystals glow with whatever colour the light is. They chose to have the colour changing lights, but you can get a single colour:http://www.majesticdiy.com.au/Waterproof-Submersibles_cC78667B0-955F-43C7-9F16-82F8D34A96EDSo you could choose a single colour, or have different colours on different tables.Also, instead of table numbers, we named the tables after cities around the world. So you could name the tables with Miami Vice associated things - character names, or things like that.Yes you should get your fiance to dress like Sonny - that would be fantastic!I guess you could list the main things characteristic of the show & then try to come up with ideas from that. Things like:- Fashion (pastels, rolled up sleeves, Ray Ban Wayfarers)- 80s Music - Ferrari- Boats- Alligator- The BeachJust another idea (depending on what your budget is & how many guests you are having) - you could choose a photo of Crockett & Tubbs and get something custom printed for favors. Or you could get those little clear boxes and fill them with something Miami Vice inspired. A little toy Ferrari? ;) I'll try to keep thinking of ideas!

Wow!! Thank you soo much for all of your ideas! I'm really liking your idea for the led lights and vase! Again thanks so much I have alot to think about now! I'll surely keep you posted with what I plan to do!

Just how far do you actually plan on fitting in MIAMI VICE into your wedding?Will it be subtle' date=' or do you actually plan to go all the way MIAMI VICE?Is your future husband up for this?[/quote']Not sure if you saw this....

Just how far do you actually plan on fitting in MIAMI VICE into your wedding?Will it be subtle' date=' or do you actually plan to go all the way MIAMI VICE?Is your future husband up for this?[/quote'] Cooper, I would love to do a full own Miami Vice theme but the fiancé wouldn't exactly like that! After much discussion and compromising with my fiance, The MV theme will be subtle. I'm thinking mostly I'll do a pastel color scheme, have the band play the MV theme, Crocketts theme, and The wedding song. The tables and centerpieces will be inspired by MV. So it will be subtle, but the guests will be able to notice the theme. All my guests already know what a huge MV fan I am. They except nothing less!

Cooper' date=' I would love to do a full own Miami Vice theme but the fiancé wouldn't exactly like that! After much discussion and compromising with my fiance, The MV theme will be subtle. I'm thinking mostly I'll do a pastel color scheme, have the band play the MV theme, Crocketts theme, and The wedding song. The tables and centerpieces will be inspired by MV. So it will be subtle, but the guests will be able to notice the theme. All my guests already know what a huge MV fan I am. They except nothing less![/quote'] Are you having a live band, or can the actual jan hammer tunes performed by jan hammer be played by perhaps a DJ?

Are you having a live band' date=' or can the actual jan hammer tunes performed by jan hammer be played by perhaps a DJ?[/quote'] I will be having a live band, but I think I'll have DJ play Jan hammers music. I would really like for a band to okay Jan hammer's tunes, but at the same time I don't want a band to butcher Hammer's masterpieces. What do you suggest?

I will be having a live band' date=' but I think I'll have DJ play Jan hammers music. I would really like for a band to okay Jan hammer's tunes, but at the same time I don't want a band to butcher Hammer's masterpieces. What do you suggest?[/quote'] Not sure a band would be able to practice enough to be able to get Jan Hammer's "wedding" theme sounding right. They would have to practice all his tunes, and it STILL wouldn't have Jan Hammer's "sound". I think using the actual tracks played by a DJ would make more of an impact, as there would be no mistaking Jan Hammer. Only Jan Hammer, sounds like Jan Hammer. I'd have the band play songs played in MIAMI VICE episodes. It's subtle, yet you'd know!

• 1 year later...

This is good to include the DJ on your wedding because they make you wedding as a memorable event in your life forever and have fun for every guest and good impression about your wedding i have worked mostly with events DJ's and there was never a dull moment DJ's are knows how to get the party started and get people moving and he does this without being a crazy obnoxious DJ....Emcee Singapore

Whitney88's last online visit here was on sept. 2011. That's over a year ago Alexzander.I was hoping for photos of the wedding. No member here has posted photos of thier MIAMI VICE wedding (darn it, would love to see them).

i have a suggestion.do invite this guy to perform music at your wedding.Eingefügtes Bilddon't invite this guy to serve the guests.Eingefügtes Bild

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha :D:D:D:D:DI like this!!!!!! Hehe..