My Miami Vice related stories...

CharlieGlide

I worked on a tv show several years back with Shaun Cassidy. It was a terrible show and got cancelled after about 12 or 13 episodes.Anyways, Cassidy bought in one of his friends who worked on Miami Vice. I can't remember his first name but the last name was 'Simon.' He was a UPM or something...again, can't remember his exact title. Anyhow, I got wind he worked on Vice, so I got up the nerve to ask a couple gentle questions (you never know what anyone's experience was like on a particular show, so you try and respect that person's privacy. You get a pretty good inkling pretty fast if they want to talk about their experience or not.)He tells me about working on the ep with Julia Roberts, and how she was driving Don Johnson crazy because she wouldn't just fall into bed with him. I guess he had a rep for sleeping with the leading ladies and took some pride in it.Finally, it was the last day of shooting for the episode, and "Burnett" and Roberts are scheduled to do a scene together. The night before, there was a little dinner and this Simon fellow was there with Roberts and DJ and some others. He said Roberts was nice and very naive, having sort of just started on her journey. He tried to giver her a few pointers...The next day, the crew's all there getting ready to shoot, and pretty much everyone else. Johnson's car pulls up (he had a driver/tinted windows) and the car stops. Then it backs up and is positioned so it's where everyone can see the car. The door opens and out comes Julia Roberts, and all the crew sees her, knowing right away that Johnson finally, well, never mind.Donny boy gets out of the car and gives a little smile. I thanked my new friend for the story and had some other good ones too. A couple weeks later, he gave me a crew gift: a white baseball hat with the Miami Vice logo on it. Pretty cool!

• Like 1

So Don really is a sexual predator (I should have known)?:)Cool story, I really like reading those!:thumbsup:Do you still have the baseball hat?:cool:

Yep. Still have the hat in a box in the garage somewhere. Had the series we were working on lasted a couple seasons, I probably would still be in touch with the dude who gave it to me. Now I can't even remember his name. I'll have to see if I have an old crew sheet somewhere and get his name right.

Yep. Still have the hat in a box in the garage somewhere. Had the series we were working on lasted a couple seasons' date=' I probably would still be in touch with the dude who gave it to me. Now I can't even remember his name. I'll have to see if I have an old crew sheet somewhere and get his name right.[/quote']Did the hat look like these from my collection?Eingefügtes Bild

Cool that you still have it!On a side note, what is it with Hollywood and canceling so many good shows?Especially the Fox network seems to be good at doing it...:rolleyes:

Cool that you still have it!On a side note' date=' what is it with Hollywood and canceling so many good shows?Especially the Fox network seems to be good at doing it...:rolleyes:[/quote']The show I was working on sucked. It deserved to be cancelled. But alot of good shows do get cancelled. Most of the time it's ratings. And if the ratings are fair, but the show is expensive to make then it gets cancelled. Or if a show doesn't do better then the show that ran in the same time slot the previous season, the show gets cancelled. There's lots of ways for a show to get cancelled. Unfortunately, alot of good ones get killed off.

That looks that hat, Burnett and Cooper. I think mine might have been a slightly different material, but I can't be sure without looking. But the ones you have there look like mine!

• Administrators
So Don really is a sexual predator (I should have known)?:)Cool story' date=' I really like reading those!:thumbsup:Do you still have the baseball hat?:cool:[/quote']Well, Melanie was 14 and he was 21 when they "got together" so what does that tell ya? :)

Well' date=' Melanie was 14 and he was 21 when they "got together" so what does that tell ya? :)[/quote']It tells me Don beat me by four years (at 21 my girlfriend was 18).:)Oh and by the way, since 'sexual predator' seems to have a negative prerogative meaning. And I didn't mean to be negative (hey man, I'm a fan) ,I'll change that into 'Sexual Tyrannosaur':D

'sexual predator' seems to have a negative prerogative meaning. And I didn't mean to be negative (hey man, I'm a fan) ,I'll change that into 'Sexual Tyrannosaur':D

Doesn't 'Tyrannosaur' sound... ancient? ;)

Doesn't 'Tyrannosaur' sound... ancient? ;)
Actually yes' date=' but the term 'Sexual Tyrannosaurus' I first ever heard in the movie Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger::)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijy8fpdI5c