Another Miami Vice story...

CharlieGlide

The first tv show I worked on was called "Fastlane." It ran on Fox for just one season (network said it was too damn expensive to make) and it was a ton of fun to work on.We always had some sort of 'stunt casting,' so naturally, I always pricked up my ears when anyone that had anything to do with Miami Vice was around. This didn't happen every episode, but there were a couple people that popped up.The first thrill came before the show even made it on the air. We were shooting the pilot episode and one of the actors was Paul Gleason ("WHen Irish Eyes Are Crying.")I hung out with him a bit and he told me how he loved working on Vice. He really enjoyed Bonnie Timmerman who as he said, 'did all the casting out of New York.' I think she prob. had an office in Miami, but since Gleason's ep was the season premiere, she probably cast it in NYC before the season's production was really rolling.I have a pic somewhere with Isaac Hayes on one side of me and Paul Gleason on the other side of me. Now they're both gone. I cherish that pic and will have to get that scanned and posted on here.

I loved reading about your experience working and how you connected to people you had worked with on MV. Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing your photo :thumbsup:

Great stuff CharlieGlide! :thumbsup: Just like DjAngel, I like reading that stuff too - hope to see your picture with Isaac Hayes and Paul Gleason soon.:cool:

great story!BTW: Bonnie Timmerman always worked out of NYC, not just for the season premiere. Irish Eyes was not the first episode to shoot in season 3 but the second, first was El Viejo. Timmerman cast the main guest stars in NY whereas Dee Miller did the casting in Miami which was usually only for minor roles and extras (e.g. the thugs that appeared in numerous episodes).

great story!BTW: Bonnie Timmerman always worked out of NYC' date=' not just for the season premiere. Irish Eyes was not the first episode to shoot in season 3 but the second, first was El Viejo. Timmerman cast the main guest stars in NY whereas Dee Miller did the casting in Miami which was usually only for minor roles and extras (e.g. the thugs that appeared in numerous episodes).[/quote']Ah! Of course it was the second ep of season 3. My bad and thanks for straightening me out. Interesting that they cast out of NYC for the main stars. That must have been a pain back then. That was before video conferencing which is sometimes used in production today.And the studio (Universal in this case) usually has to sign off on the stars along with the network. It's hard enough to do in LA, but must have been twice as hard doing it out of NYC, then with Miami in the mix and all of them probably reporting back to LA. When I see some of the Vice eps, I marvel at some of the people they got on the show. It's alot harder then it looks, even for a hit show.