Today's Miami Vice related story...

CharlieGlide

Again, back when I was working on Fastlane, Clarence Williams III (Tale of a Goat) was cast for an episode.He kept an apartment in LA but didn't drive and didn't have a car. One of the PAs was sent to go pick him up for a table read or something. I thought to myself, 'hmmmmm...I'm going on that ride too!"I knocked on his door, he came out and was fairly quiet but very cool. Once in the car (I sat in the back seat), I told him how much I loved him on Vice. Then he just started talking on nad on about it. He enjoyed the experience, I think.I asked him about PMT and Clarence told me how he loved walking over to the fans that would line-up to watch a shoot or hang out near his trailer. He would talk to them all, pose for photos, etc.PMT also appearantly loved to spend his money as Clarence noticed when they went out one night. He had a private convo with PMT advising him to hang onto some of his money since it wouldn't always be there.I wish I could remember more of the conversation, but that's all I got for now. I think I asked Clarence to sign a script of the ep of Fastlane he was in...I'll have to find that somewheres.

• Like 1

Thank you for the little insight. I would also have LOVED to ask him what it was like working with PRINCE, on the movie set for 'Purple Rain'. :happy::glossy:

Thanks for sharing your stories with us - really great to read :cool:

You're welcome. I was lucky to have some of the interactions I had and I know other Vice fanatics like myself would enjoy them.I'm trying to pay it forward, one Miami Vice related story at a time.

A nice little storie - it made me smile. So thanks very much for sharing a little bit of Hollywood with us CharlieGlide!:thumbsup: