Note from PMT's manager

Tony D.

Dear Ms. Porter, > > All of us here at www.miami-vice.org and www.miami-vice.ws are interested > in knowing if there is any possibility in the very near future of a Miami Vice > reunion TV movie with Philip Michael Thomas and Don Johnson? > Their successful reunion in 2 episodes of Nash Bridges gives all > their fans hopeful expectation of a present day Miami Vice with most of the > original cast, of course older & with different rank but the same coolness & > style that made them famous. > > It could be done and should be done before it's too late. > Please ask Mr. Thomas to consider this possibility, > > Sincerely, > Anthony De Fina Mr. De Fina, Thank you for your gracious note. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any project in which Philip Michael and Don will be united. I have no doubt that Philip Michael would seriously consider a proposal, but Don has been emphatic in any involvement in any "Miami Vice" project. Please understand that does not mean he will not consider same, I can not and would not "speak" on behalf Don Johnson. Again, thank you. Write to me whenever you so desire. Kaye

Thanks for writing to his manager. You never know til you try.;)

Ask his manager to visit us here, and to ask PMT to visit here!

Very cool effort, Tony. Maybe PMT should try to get a "Tubbs 2010" one-off TV movie off the ground. They could shoot it in Vancouver for NY to keep costs down. Maybe a cable partner like TVLand or Sleuth could help out, assuming rights to the character could be gotten. You just never know. It could at least show us what Rico's been up to.

Could it be that DJ publicly distances himself from MV as a bargaining chip to raise the stakes when/if he does get approached to revisit the project? I heard that Andy Griffith did something like this when he was approached to do the Matlock series. He told his agent he wasn't interested but they kept imposing on him. To finally discourage the producers he had his agent throw a ridiculously high number at them - and they bit!

Could it be that DJ publicly distances himself from MV as a bargaining chip to raise the stakes when/if he does get approached to revisit the project? I heard that Andy Griffith did something like this when he was approached to do the Matlock series. He told his agent he wasn't interested but they kept imposing on him. To finally discourage the producers he had his agent throw a ridiculously high number at them - and they bit!

Interesting theory Dan. Could be true, but maybe he thinks: I am too old now. Maybe he doesnt wan the stress anymore of a long TV show. Or maybe he still thinks he is destined for greater things in movies. It is a shame though, I would love DJ and PMT to have the fountain of youth so they could produce great tv for us. How is life in sunny Miami these days?

I don't know if that's the case or not. I keep waiting for the day that the Vicer fan block has as much juice as the Trekkers, but there doesn't seem to be a groundswell of clamoring for a new Vice flick outside the few dozen of us hardcores.I've heard Don is in the process of repositioning himself, and his career, into father-type roles. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to think he may not be able to pull off cool Crockett anymore (I know, blasphemy!).But, man oh man, if it ever DID happen -- I would SO be there!

> All of us here at [url">

www.miami-vice.org and www.miami-vice.ws are interested > in knowing if there is any possibility in the very near future of a Miami Vice > reunion TV movie with Philip Michael Thomas and Don Johnson? > Their successful reunion in 2 episodes of Nash Bridges gives all > their fans hopeful expectation of a present day Miami Vice with most of the > original cast, of course older & with different rank but the same coolness & > style that made them famous. > > It could be done and should be done before it's too late. > Please ask Mr. Thomas to consider this possibility, > > Sincerely, > Anthony De Fina Mr. De Fina, Thank you for your gracious note. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any project in which Philip Michael and Don will be united. I have no doubt that Philip Michael would seriously consider a proposal, but Don has been emphatic in any involvement in any "Miami Vice" project. Please understand that does not mean he will not consider same, I can not and would not "speak" on behalf Don Johnson. Again, thank you. Write to me whenever you so desire. Kaye

Tony this is very cool. Thanks for doing this. And how nice of this woman to write back and encourage more. You don't find that a lot. As for DJ, don't know what he's up to except for what I just read on here. Vicemancomth said something about reinventing himself and doing father roles. Well he is older now and it's how older actors go. I know we love to think of them as the 80's Crockett and Tubbs, but they aren't. As many have said over time, they should have done it years ago and before that movie. Sue

The look, feel, sound of the original series can never be recreated or even approximated - it was unique to a certain time that is ever receding further into the past. I guess those who still find the series "the best ever" each have their own reasons, and not all the same.For me, because I lived and worked in S Fla and the islands at the time, the shows bring back so many great memories - a lot of the show was not so fictional as some might imagine.Some things are best left alone - especially those that so wonderfully captured the essence of something very special that shall not pass this way again.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see if someone will write a letter to DJ´s agent... Does someone have his mail? Not that I believe DJ would say a thing, but I dont believe even his agent will answer a thing.But im kinda pessimistical today lol

A few years ago DJ talked about retiring himself. Now he is into the father type of roles. In my view I believe DJ never found out who he is or what his qualities is. When MV hit the top he was carried away, and that pedestal is hard to get down from when the one good thing he had is over. Furthermore I think he got so carried away that life was a big party and the whole world would come to him. So when it didn´t he had to make some career choices which turned out not so wise. He said himself he turned down a lead role in the untouchables which did great things for his later pal Kevin Costners career. Then Nash Bridges came and gave him a new revival in a new cop show. Nash was great and once again showed his talent for this type of show. But being producer and star of the show, may have drained his energy for awhile after the show was over. Now he´s back it seems, and hopefully he will consider MV once again. He can still pull it off, and the question is if he is just stubborn and saying no more MV ever, or, which I tend to belive, if he just got to the the point where he accepted his age, and the changes it brings personally, and that he is not interested because he is glad to be at this stage in his life. He seems more mellow and easy going, and I think he just enjoys life, and his family. THis is not meant as bashing. This is merely my thoughts, and all written in a positive way I hope.