Any Kate Bush fans?

cageyJG

If you don't remember, her music was in Bushido...

She should've been cast as Caitlin Davies instead of Sheena Easton.Kate Bush has that mysterious diva vibe, like a musical super-genius you would expect to sequester herself cooking up a pot of music and only pops out during a solar eclipse. She is one of them thar' brain-babes.

I've been a fan of Kate's music since her "Hounds Of Love" days, she is overlooked in many music circles and should've been more popular than she is...

Which are your favorites, mvnyc? I like The Whole Story. 'Aerial' took a bit to grow on me, her first 2000s album after a hiatus (I think), but it turned out pretty remarkably. Some nice synth in there too.

• 1 month later...

Kate Bush has an extraordinary voice, which in my mind brings up images of a geisha somehow - it was no surprise to find her song in one of my favorite episodes 'Bushido'. There is in my opinion some sort of oriental quality to it and I must admit the first time I heard Kate on the radio I thought she might have been Asian.

She is the reason I am still single!!! hahahahahahahahahahaI fell in love with her back in the early eighties and still listen to her music these days. She was quite the poster cutie in her day and still is in my opinion.I was also always amazed at how much control she had over the record label to do as she pleases. Not many arists get so much creative control. She did amazing things with that privilage and made some outstanding music over the last thirty years.On of my favorite videos of hers is Cloudbusting with Donald Sutherland as the mad scientist in the video of "Cloudbusting".I also love the video "Man with the child in his eyes"

I love Cloudbusting, Running Up That Hill and The Sensual World.Kate Bush really is 'diva' in the sense of the divine. They often throw that newly made up late '90s term way too loosely. But I'm with ya, If I could make out with Kate and Enya at the same time, that would be great.

Well as you Americans may know John Roberts of the CBS evening news(he is now at FOX), he used to be a proud Canadian on a little TV station in Toronto called "City TV" out of Toronto. There was a show there called "The New Music" and he was a host there when he was young. He had long hair and wore jeans and a leather jacket and was uber cool!(funny seeing him now on the news all clean cut and poise) He interviewed Kate Bush way back when...sometime around 81 or 82 and I still have it on vhs!I was immediately taken by her music. There was nothing else like it on the radio, except for a small local station called CFNY that played very obscure tracks from all over the world. Made me a Kate Bush fan right off the bat!I saw some of her videos on a station called Superstation that played videos in between movies. MTV was not even invented yet! In Canada we had "Muchmusic" which was a copy of mtv, which was not be be aired until almost a year later on satellite.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

300 KB lookalikes meet to break recordhttp://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10445440.300_Kate_Bush_lookalikes_break_record_in_Brighton_park/Here's the latest I found on her:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2138729/Obsessive-secrecy-30m-fortune-trauma-drove-Kate-Bush-hiding.htmlShe is very reclusive, which makes her obviously more interesting to people.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10445440.300_Kate_Bush_lookalikes_break_record_in_Brighton_park/Here's the latest I found on her:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2138729/Obsessive-secrecy-30m-fortune-trauma-drove-Kate-Bush-hiding.htmlShe is very reclusive' date=' which makes her obviously more interesting to people.[/quote']Thanks for the link. Great story!I agree with the first poster too regarding her reclusive lifestyle. I admire that she lives a quiet life away from prying eyes. Most musicians of her stature would probably seek the spotlight?By the way...she is still smokin' hot for 53!!! :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Sylwiamaster

One of the most talented female singersI like her music. I have listened to her the 1st time while playing GTA Vice City (the song was "Wow" from her 2nd album. Other songs I like are Wuthering Heights, Sensual World and You're The One. She's for me genuine artist, because she protects her privacy, she makes no scandals and she'd rather wait longer than release poor album (period between "The Red Shoes" and "Aerial" was over 10 years).

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I, for one, enjoy her song Running Up That Hill. But even more I prefer a remix of it, which brings out her voice and the familiar riff of the song. I couldn't find the exact remix, that I like, on youtube. The remix I like is a 2012 version, but an earlier version on youtube is almost as good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GGTgGVddek

I like the remix more because it gives a more powerful feeling and experience of the song. Sometimes, although rarely, I like mixes more than original versions.

• 2 weeks later...