80's Broadcast: 80's Not Over Mix

Philippe

It's the week-end and yet time again for another smashing close to 2 hours of uncut 100% certified pure eighties intoxicating hits from the Miami inspired multi-billion era.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4670[/ATTACH]Head over to the following link and push the big-o-green play button:http://www.mixcloud.com/80sBroadcast/80s-not-over-mix/Like always I'm looking forward to your comments!Enjoy!This stream mix is 100% legal - Mixcloud.com pays revenues to the artists based on number of plays.

To be honest, it is the least favourite of the mixes so far. My favourite is the first mix. :thumbsup:The highlights from the third mix for me are:Obsession - AnimotionTake On Me' - A-HaLittle Lies - Fleetwood MacCry Little Sister - Gerard McMann

AnimotionTake On Me' - A-HaLittle Lies - Fleetwood MacCry Little Sister - Gerard McMann

Thanks for listening and I appreciate your honesty.:thumbsup:

Saw this and tuned in right away. I'll be listening for the next couple hours.

Thank you very much Beach_Vice, let me know what you think of it.:thumbsup:

You know, it wasn't my favorite either. I'll tell you why though. The first one had a definite mood, it had it's ups and downs, but it was a good level. The second one was also good and the mood was similar. This one the mood changed and the pace changed. The ups were up, and the downs were a little less down, it was a different roller coaster ride. That's my opinion though. I recognize a few songs from Vice city, and I love those songs. What I really like is the mood, the serious tones in the songs, the somberness, the way you feel and the order you feel it. It's not that I didn't like it, it's like listening to the radio. Sometimes they play a bunch of stuff you like in a row, and it's memorable. Then you tune to that station for a long time after.I still love a bunch of the songs though, so I still think it's awesome in that way. If I was to compare, which I don't know if that's what your asking, I'd say this one takes third place. Anxiously awaiting the next mix... How often do you do these anyway?

Hey Beach_Vice, thank you for the lengthy review. I appreciate when people take their time to explain what they like or like less. :thumbsup:I understand it's not always to everybody's preference, the 80's brought us a lot of songs and tunes and many will bring with that a sense of memories. I was still young when I heard most of these tunes, others I just discovered later on. In this mix I had the movie Scarface in the back of my mind and wanted to bring something I could imagine being played let's say in the week-end in a place such as the Babylon Club as pictured in the movie. That in turn could explain the more 'sterile' choice of tracks. Somehow I quickly realized this wasn't the best, and I am working on a fourth installment which btw I'm doing right now.:radio:This time there's a bunch of tracks that where featured on Miami Vice and a little surprise wink in the middle of the mix somewhere. So stay tuned, it's coming very soon.Once again thanks for the effort of explaining why, it's much appreciated.:thumbsup: