Flag Painting

Ferrariman

• Administrators

This was sent to me by Tony D. It is truly amazing and very fitting for 9/11. As a former firefighter it truly brought tears to my eyes.10 years ago after 9/11 we were considered heroes even though any firefighter would tell you "I was just doing my job" Now 10 years later we are fighting for our futures as we are being blamed for budget deficits caused by politicians not contributing to the pension system as required by law. Our wonderful politicians gave cities what they called "pension holidays" where they were allowed to skip payments for the past ten years to balance their budgets. The payments were to be made up over time but has this happened? No, of course not! This has caused an enormous lack of funds in the pension system for which the firefighters are now being blamed!I would like to take every one of those politicians back to that day, give them fire gear and put them on the front lines!How soon they all forget

Indeed truly a touching (and creatively amazing) fitting tribute to our firefighters. Thanks again for sharing with us Ferrariman and thank you to Tony D. for this touching find. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting this, Ferrariman and to Tony D for finding this.Brought tears to my eyes, and so touching, especially on the 10th anniversary of the horribly attacks, not just on the USA but on all democracy loving people. From what you have said it seems as in the USA, as here in Australia, politicians forget so quickly the true heroes of our society.God bless.

Thanks, Lou for posting this.......I wasn't sure if It was appropriate, but I see it is. :thumbsup: God Bless America and every good & decent person in every country around the world!

Indeed truly a touching (and creatively amazing) fitting tribute to our firefighters. Thanks again for sharing with us Ferrariman and thank you to Tony D. for this touching find. :thumbsup:

Ditto. :clap: Thank you F-Man for your service. :fireworks::cheers: