.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

• 1 year later...

HOLY JEEZE!!!! I never thought I'd see that ever again!!! OMG!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT STILL EXISTS!

My section, the scrapbook section was soooo easy to find back then, unlike now. One of my theads on page one of my scrapbook section has over 22,000 views. 

Why does it exist, and how did you find it JAMES?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

HOLY JEEZE!!!! I never thought I'd see that ever again!!! OMG!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT STILL EXISTS!

My section, the scrapbook section was soooo easy to find back then, unlike now. One of my theads on page one of my scrapbook section has over 22,000 views. 

Why does it exist, and how did you find it JAMES?

It doesn't exist, it's archived. The website is a bot which crawls around the web, and it saves all the webpages. You can search through pretty much any site from any year.

Here's Google, in 1999: https://web.archive.org/web/19990221160537/http://www.google.com/

• Administrators

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Srobak

Some people are incorrigible.

:D  :D  :D :D :D

Not to blow my own horn here but I was partially responsible for getting him booted off of wiki. :D  I had posted some relevant info about Miami Vice and srobak deleted it and gave me warnings about everything I did wrong. I tried to be civil but I know it was the Ferrariman name that got him going.  Long story short, I got a dialog going with one of the admins and told them all about our buddy.  Not long after he was busted for bullying a few other people and soon after he was history.  Incorrigible is putting it mildly!

Not to blow my own horn here but I was partially responsible for getting him booted off of wiki. :D  I had posted some relevant info about Miami Vice and srobak deleted it and gave me warnings about everything I did wrong. I tried to be civil but I know it was the Ferrariman name that got him going.  Long story short, I got a dialog going with one of the admins and told them all about our buddy.  Not long after he was busted for bullying a few other people and soon after he was history.  Incorrigible is putting it mildly!

Sounds like you cleared your desk of all your other cases and made his life one living hell.

:p

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Srobak

Some people are incorrigible.

:D  :D  :D :D :D

I wasn't on .Org long enough to know the players, but if you do a search for 'srobak', he is all over the place on the net.

From what I can tell he is from Chicago, rides motorcycles, and seems to be into tech. Same person?

I had a slightly different opinion of RB than most of what I've read in this thread.  I do believe he has a temper and a bit of an attitude, but the longer he was on .org the stronger the vibe I got that he was there on a mission.  

Not long before the MV movie, Edward James Olmos told fans of the Battlestar Galactica TV show not to see the Battlestar Galactica movie because it wasn't going to be the same as the TV show.  Obviously, this was a bit of a public relations fiasco.

At the time of RB's arrival at .org, the consensus opinion was that a MV movie without the original cast was a BAD idea.  As seen in the photo in this thread, RB was chummy with Mann.  My belief was that he was informally sent to .org to shift the opinion of MV fandom more favorably towards a movie with a new cast.   I remember telling myself, "Shortly after the movie is released, he will stop actively posting at .org and eventually leave, because his work will have been completed".  Sure enough, that's what happened.

One more thing:  his location website was very nicely presented, much like C Glide's site nowadays.  It was much better than how we were presenting locations in our threads.  It was very easy for the casual observer to enjoy.  But my recollection is that the actual location information he presented was mostly stuff our location experts could and would find ourselves without much trouble.

Does anybody have the URL of his website?  I'd like to look at it on the Wayback Machine.

In defense of Rick, he DID offer an insight to the first two years of the show's production that very few people could have, because he was (literally) there pulling the camera from shot to shot.  I wish he was still on this site, because his contributions were invaluable.

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

This sure brings back some memories -Talk about a crazy time on the old website . . . When it came to RB it always saddened me things happened the way they did because he was such a great resource about the things that interested us all but when things get THAT bad over something so dumb what else can you do? It was so neat to be able to interact with someone so closely connected with the show but towards the end things just got so damn crazy that they clearly *HAD* to do something about it. As sad a situation as it was it was for the good of The People but I still fondly look back at a time before things got out of hand when RB was an absolute treasure trove of information when it came to THE best television show there ever was. I miss him greatly but don't miss all the utter craziness that followed  :birdie:

I'm thankful for the wonderful group of fans we have here and visiting this great website is always an enjoyable event  :thumbsup:

I must agree with all you are saying here, Metro Vice.  RB was a big asset to .org. I talked to him by phone & he was very nice. Something just went wrong & it's sad that it had to end the way it did.

I'm so happy COOP is back here to give a big shot of enthusiasm, again, for our favorite show !

COOP,by seeing some of your posts at .org i realized your old signature picture with Crockett and Tubbs holding their guns...

How about bringing it back to life?

I always loved it...

Edited by Christian
  • Like 1

I must agree with all you are saying here, Metro Vice.  RB was a big asset to .org. I talked to him by phone & he was very nice. Something just went wrong & it's sad that it had to end the way it did.

I'm so happy COOP is back here to give a big shot of enthusiasm, again, for our favorite show !

Thanks Tony! I really appreciate it. Wish the audience here was bigger, as I'd like to show my newest stuff...kinda waiting to see if it will grow in size here.

COOP,by seeing some of your posts at .org i realized your old signature picture with Crockett and Tubbs holding their guns...

I always loved it...

I suppose I could. I'd just have to go back to that .org link, and see which one it is. I wonder if anyone else would rather I do the .ORG RETRO avatar look?

• Like 1

I always loved it...

O.K. Christian, it's back!  I had to shrink it just a tad to fit the signature dimentions on this site to make it work (the .org site allowed for a bigger size picture), but it's back!

ALSO, Christian, Crockett DID wear this outfit in an episode of MIAMI VICE, and not just in this promotional photo (there are several different photos in this series of promotional photos). Can you tell me which episode he wore it in?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I wasn't on .Org long enough to know the players, but if you do a search for 'srobak', he is all over the place on the net.

From what I can tell he is from Chicago, rides motorcycles, and seems to be into tech. Same person?

Choogotitmaing!

O.K. Christian, it's back! I had to shrink it just a tad to fit the signature dimentions on this site to make it work (the .org site allowed for a bigger size picture), but it's back!

ALSO, Christian, Crockett DID wear this outfit in an episode of MIAMI VICE, and not just in this promotional photo (there are several different photos in this series of promotional photos). Can you tell me which episode he wore it in?

Great COOP!

I love it. You already had it on .info & .online back in the days...not only on .org.

You had it when i joined 5 years ago.

Sorry to say...but as i am not a real VICE expert,i can't recall the episode. :-(

Ok. I make a try... One Eyed Jack?

Edited by Christian

Great COOP!

I love it. You already had it on .info & .online back in the days...not only on .org.

You had it when i joined 5 years ago.

Sorry to say...but as i am not a real VICE expert,i can't recall the episode. :-(

Ok. I make a try... One Eyed Jack?

I think he wore this outfit in Back in the world

Thanks for playing CHRISTIAN, and CROCKETTT, but he did not wear that outfit in either of those great episodes. 

Other guesses?