.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

Wow...talk about "self-serving"...reading between the lines' date=' it sounds like he wanted to play the role of the "king" and the rest of us were merely his "servants," what a jerk...[/quote']Jesus Christ, so he played the your not entitled to be being treated fairly as I own the joint gig did he?yeash I think this is warranted

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl2NKZtl07c

Sorry I just had to, any excuse to break out that song lolglad I missed that and actually found a forum that he waxed philosophical about being but never was thanks to his own self sabotage.also as a sidenote jama did say that he was told not to come here from the old site, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Except for what is cached by the wayback machine... yes, as another thread on here states, the fat lady has sung

Except for what is cached by the wayback machine... yes' date=' as another thread on here states, the fat lady has sung[/quote']I do wish the archived site on the Wayback Machine would let us read the "helloooooooooooooooooo!" thread on page 2 of the general section. IIRC, it was someone asking where everyone had gone (obviously, we all knew where they were. Why, they all came over here, of course! Well, anyone worth paying attention to, at least...;))

Has .org gone now completely?:thumbsup::shout::D

Comeon Matt where have you been? :rolleyes:By the way I noticed one of your posts dated 2006. Not many of us have been on Vice sites that long. Congrats.

Comeon Matt where have you been? :rolleyes:By the way I noticed one of your posts dated 2006. Not many of us have been on Vice sites that long. Congrats.

Ha Jim Im on the Google Earth MV location area of the site - I miss general news :thumbsup::):):D

TEN quarters for the jukebox, baby.

Ha Jim Im on the Google Earth MV location area of the site - I miss general news :thumbsup::):):D

I am not big on speeches' date=' but {It's Been a Long Road} and I just realized I should say a little something. (Just a test to see if this thing's on.)I first was introduced to the Vice crowd sometime around when things looked like this - {Wayback Machine} and there are still a few from earlier. At that time, I was just an {Angry Young Man} who surfed on in, looking for '80s party favors, crashing your sun soaked, booze laden chat parties and getting really interested in the greatest t.v. show of the greatest decade. It's been remarkable watching this place {Climb} to the top, thanks to our good crowd and gracious hosts. All the back stories, site research, bios, musicians, no shortage of great stuff just around the corner. Come one, come all, {Glory! Glory!}Pretty remarkable things are going this strong {After the Fire} when we abandoned the {Ship of Fools}.Even so, I can't let all that time hit me, have to remember to take it day by day, {Today's a Beginning} , each one a step forward in our own little {Reality Dub}. People come and go, but y'know, {The Story Never Ends}, some people even made this half-joking pact - {to not watch the final episode}. I'm not around all the time, sometimes any of us take leaves of absence which can be like
. Even so, try not to {Cry}. If someone ever plans to shut off the lights at this great bar, which I hope will never happen, I hope they never {Tell Me}. So here's to "remembering old Vicers" and the new who keep it good to drop by. :cheers:
  • Like 1

{It's Been a Long Road} and I just realized I should say a little something. (Just a test to see if this thing's on.)I first was introduced to the Vice crowd sometime around when things looked like this - {Wayback Machine} and there are still a few from earlier. At that time, I was just an {Angry Young Man} who surfed on in, looking for '80s party favors, crashing your sun soaked, booze laden chat parties and getting really interested in the greatest t.v. show of the greatest decade. It's been remarkable watching this place {Climb} to the top, thanks to our good crowd and gracious hosts. All the back stories, site research, bios, musicians, no shortage of great stuff just around the corner. Come one, come all, {Glory! Glory!}Pretty remarkable things are going this strong {After the Fire} when we abandoned the {Ship of Fools}.Even so, I can't let all that time hit me, have to remember to take it day by day, {Today's a Beginning} , each one a step forward in our own little {Reality Dub}. People come and go, but y'know, {The Story Never Ends}, some people even made this half-joking pact - {to not watch the final episode}. I'm not around all the time, sometimes any of us take leaves of absence which can be like

. Even so, try not to {Cry}. If someone ever plans to shut off the lights at this great bar, which I hope will never happen, I hope they never {Tell Me}. So here's to "remembering old Vicers" and the new who keep it good to drop by. :cheers:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:This is the passion that makes this the #1 MV forum in the world!

this is the best site ever made to Vice and I'm so addicted to it that I want to be involved in it more and more:prost: back in the days my way passed the .org I came,I saw and I kept on walking.did not feel the Vice vibe like here so I am very glad of moving here and staying

• Administrators

Nice Cagey! I've been here since the early days of .org. A lot of great members have come and gone but, such is life. Some join and leave soon after and others become fixtures here.I have to admit that there are days when I consider pulling the plug but then I read a post by someone saying how great this site is and how much it means to them and I'm drawn back in.I do know one thing for sure. Should this site ever come to an end, I will be going along with it. I started with .org and moved on to this site, but this will be my final battlefield. There won't be any other Vice sites in my future. I've devoted some part of almost every day of my life for the past decade to "Miami Vice" (with no regrets of course) and I think that's more than enough.

Nice Cagey! I've been here since the early days of .org. A lot of great members have come and gone but' date=' such is life. Some join and leave soon after and others become fixtures here.I have to admit that there are days when I consider pulling the plug but then I read a post by someone saying how great this site is and how much it means to them and I'm drawn back in.I do know one thing for sure. Should this site ever come to an end, I will be going along with it. I started with .org and moved on to this site, but this will be my final battlefield. There won't be any other Vice sites in my future. I've devoted some part of almost every day of my life for the past decade to "Miami Vice" (with no regrets of course) and I think that's more than enough.[/quote']It's been quiet around here for some time, although the location sleuths and gun fans seem to be keeping it active. I've noticed you haven't posted much, but are still here every day, and there's comfort in that. I know you like to think that you're NOT bigger than the site, but the truth is you probably are bigger than the site. You go, the whole thing falls apart. Vice remains part of my life. I don't consume the show as voraciously as during my taping-off-FX days, or my DVD release date days, but I still get a huge charge every now and then out of watching an ep or two. And my office has lots of Viceabilia -- posters, books, the painting my wife did. I've always been a believer that the site is at its best when it is more egalitarian, when there aren't certain members whose personalities and "fans" dominate the site. But perhaps you do need those stars to drive traffic to the other threads. Perhaps I was wrong.But every now and then I come across a thread like the very informative and passionate one about scripted-but-never-filmed episodes, and it blows me away that there are still new things to learn. So I keep coming back.

• Administrators
I've always been a believer that the site is at its best when it is more egalitarian' date=' when there aren't certain members whose personalities and "fans" dominate the site. But perhaps you do need those stars to drive traffic to the other threads. Perhaps I was wrong.[/quote']I don't think you're wrong. I have noticed a dramatic drop in fan involvement since Coop disappeared. Of course there are plenty of other topics and info to enjoy but bottom line is, he puts asses in the seats. Sometimes those "over the top" personalities help to get the show rolling but, in my opinion, it's the members who have been here for years that keep it alive. Let's hope the interest never dies.Thanks for the compliments.
  • Like 1

I love this site and want to be active member not only by staying logged in but also in posting,but I have problems with my English :( so some times I want to say some thing but can not find words that fit the thread so I better by silent on that thread rather to trashing it with useless words

• Administrators

Victor, your English is pretty damn good my friend!:thumbsup: Don't ever feel that you can't post because you can't find the words. Unlike .org, nobody on this site will harass or bother you. We are all here to help one another. If you ever feel that you can't find the words just ask and someone will help.

• Like 1

I love this site and want to be active member not only by staying logged in but also in posting' date='but I have problems with my English :( so some times I want to say some thing but can not find words that fit the thread so I better by silent on that thread rather to trashing it with useless words[/quote']Your English is just fine : )

Your English is just fine : )

I agree, your English is OK. It's definitely better than my German, French, or Spanish. :birdie:

• 3 weeks later...

I was on .org for quit a while. It was great! I caught the fever again. And I also had my confrontation with Rick Bravo, yes I did:)! Some of you will remember. Good that it ended, but I do mis his inside stories and his unique pictures. I am glad Many .org people are here. I don not have that much time, but I do come around from timr to time. I am very glad to be a member!

Don't know if you guys have seen this but it made me giggle: http://rickcail.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/srobak-25th-miami-vice-convention.html

Yes Morgana, it's funny that a big 25th Convention was promised by Srobak and nobody came.Maybe it wasn't his fault! I tried to set up a Convention at the Alexander or the Deauville in Miami and I had to abandon the idea because the up-front cost was too expensive plus not many of our members were able to afford to go.I'd like to try for the 30th in Sept. 2014 but it may be even more expensive.It's not easy.......I give Alex and Ell.a a lot of credit for the Paris Conventions! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Man it's been a long while since I've been here. I'm trying to remember everyone from .org, but I remember TonyD!