.org Memories!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Well Crockettt's avatar looks to be from "Out Where The Buses Don't Run"  I believe Sonny's words were "Wrong way to go skates!"

• Administrators

I wasn't on .Org long enough to know the players, but if you do a search for 'srobak', he is all over the place on the net.

From what I can tell he is from Chicago, rides motorcycles, and seems to be into tech. Same person?

Yup, that's him. He has self admittedly been kicked off of more web sites than anyone I know.   I have his I.P address permanently posted on my desk, just in case!

Yup, that's him. He has self admittedly been kicked off of more web sites than anyone I know.   I have his I.P address permanently posted on my desk, just in case!

For a detailed read of why he was blocked on Wiki, have a look here. Unbelievable.

Learned a new term...sockpuppet. :)  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Srobak

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• Administrators

For a detailed read of why he was blocked on Wiki, have a look here. Unbelievable.

Learned a new term...sockpuppet. :)  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Srobak

Yeah, he's a major league alpha hotel.  He likes to throw his weight around and be the boss. So many years ago when we were on .org together he wanted to be a moderator but there was no way in the world I was ever gonna let that happen. I once told him he was the biggest bully on the site. He would attack new members for asking the simplest questions.  As you can tell, once he starts an argument he will always try to get the last word, even if it makes no sense. That was when I hit the banned button!  Then when tifany and martijn took over .org they reinstated him and every other troublemaker I had banned.  Srobak's first order of business was to ban me and anyone else who didn't agree with him.   He made this big post about the future of .org and how it will return to it's former glory. We all know how that worked out!  I'll see if I can find it.

Gotta give him that one. Have you ever heard Tiffany's voice? Fingernails on a blackboard sound better! Totally unrelated but Tiffany was such a bubblehead that she once admitted to me that she misspelled her own name when registering! (Tifany) I tried to humiliate her in a post I made once by offering to fix it for her. She declined.

Just reading some of these comments and came across this one from Ferrariman. About a year and a half ago, Martijin contacted me on FB and asked me to take Tiffany in, let her live with me since they were splitting up. I said no and Tiffany defriended me. lol. Not sure where she is today but she's not living with me.

• Like 2

:fireworks: WOW LMD, Great to hear from you. You were my first on-line buddy and the one who told me about .org.  I had just retired and it was my first foray into social media. Remember me asking you if you were really Fiona Flanagan? I soon learned that you were something special. Maybe C&B is right and we are getting the band back together. Hope you stick around, this site is head and shoulders over the old one.

Jim

Edited by miamijimf

Thanks Jim. Glad to be back and nice hearing from you again.  My husband started watching MV on the vhs tapes I have and it just brought back some good memories. Glad to see the site is still running. A lot of new faces but a lot of the old ones still kicking. I will definitely be returning. Thanks for the warm welcome.

• Administrators

OMG!   Where have you been hiding?!   I recently had contact with Scott Palmer (Miami Vicer)  He's friends with Martijn  and according to him Tifany has gone back to Iran.  Before going to be with Martijn  Tifany lived in Canada, Montreal I believe so Iran was a surprise to me!  Better there than your house! Trust me!

Funny, Scott Palmer, now LMD.  It seems everything is coming full circle!  Welcome back!

• Administrators

So nice to read the old names ... reminds me of the GOOD org.times! Welcome back!

@ airtommy Interesting statement about RB's "mission". :-)

Just reading some of these comments and came across this one from Ferrariman. About a year and a half ago, Martijin contacted me on FB and asked me to take Tiffany in, let her live with me since they were splitting up. I said no and Tiffany defriended me. lol. Not sure where she is today but she's not living with me.

Oh my goodness 😮

Hi Ferrariman! It's nice to be back. I saw something posted on FB and decided to take a peek back in time. Plus it's cold here and I wanted some

sunshine. lol.

Wow! Iran? Tiffany wanted to move back to Canada but had no where to go. I guess she has no family here so she wanted me to take her in.

Maybe she has family there?

Chloe, Scottie, Gstien, Keith and Martijin are friends of mine on FB and Chloe's always posting pics of her boyfriend, DJ on her page. ;)

I hope all is well with everyone here.

• Administrators

The site has gone through a few changes and hard times but we're still here!   Funny you should mention facebook as another current popular topic has been how to draw people to our site via facebook. Since you seem to have found us again from facebook, maybe you're the best one to answer the question.  What on facebook led you here and how could it be improved to draw more fans here?

I'm not sure how to improve it. I "liked" the miami vice online site and that's how I got directed here.Maybe FB members need to share  miami vice online on their home page on FB and then their friends will see it. That could draw fans then to this site via a link.

Hi Ferrariman! It's nice to be back. I saw something posted on FB and decided to take a peek back in time. Plus it's cold here and I wanted some

sunshine. lol.

Wow! Iran? Tiffany wanted to move back to Canada but had no where to go. I guess she has no family here so she wanted me to take her in.

Maybe she has family there?

Chloe, Scottie, Gstien, Keith and Martijin are friends of mine on FB and Chloe's always posting pics of her boyfriend, DJ on her page. ;)

I hope all is well with everyone here.

No..me....post pictures of my beloved one? Never ....hiya LMD ☺

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to improve it. I "liked" the miami vice online site and that's how I got directed here.Maybe FB members need to share  miami vice online on their home page on FB and then their friends will see it. That could draw fans then to this site via a link.

I've posted it before but I'll try it again.  I do have a few friends that are Vice fans but not as nuts as I am.

Edited by miamijimf

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm not sure I joined earlier enough to remember .org, but it sounds like you all had a great time  :cool:  on the subject of the matter, I do really miss the old layout this website used to have, with Sonny wearing a blue blazer and his pink shirt and holding his police badge and Tubbs with his Season 2 look, I've gotten used to this new layout since it's been this way since? mid 2014? but I do really miss the old one.

Enjoy Detective_Crockett!

PAGE2_zpss0ycay1s.jpg

PAGE_zps46ejqmba.jpg

PAGE3_zpsumhelflc.jpg

PAGE4_zpswiyv7ore.jpg

PAGE5_zpse5dmetje.jpg

PAGE6_zpsrsbye1gy.png

PAGE7_zps13n5tyvr.jpg

PAGE8_zpsyc7xls2t.jpg

Ah, good times....amazing times, just seeing that picture again brings back some amazing memories...thank you for sharing these, it's taken me right back Coop  :fireworks:

• Like 1

• Administrators

How about it Chris?  Could we possibly get the original .ws banner back for a while?  

• Like 3

How about it Chris?  Could we possibly get the original .ws banner back for a while?

Yeah why not?!

I'm with Lou on this.

Or we could generally change from time to time like back in the days...

My favorites are the top one with crockett showing his badge, and Iiked the vicemail.

• Like 4