Hockey thread anyone?

Jimmy

Minnesota Wild!with the tragic off-season finally over, we get to enjoy some hockey in the form of pre-season games. i know it's still premature and all that but i can't help but be excited about the next season. my team, Minnesota Wild, has done some major improvements over the past off-season. especially our first line Heatley-Koivu-Setoguchi already looks so good. i thought this was a season for us to get ready for the future, waiting for the young guys like Scandella, Phillips, Larsson, Brodin and of course Mikael Granlund to claim their spots in the team. but still, trying not to get too excited about the upcoming season, i think we have a chance at making it to playoffs.

My older brother is a HUGE habs fan, partly because Saku Koivu is his favorite hockey player. He started paying close attention to hockey roughly at the same time the Canadiens drafted Saku.

My older brother is a HUGE habs fan' date=' partly because Saku Koivu is his favorite hockey player. He started paying close attention to hockey roughly at the same time the Canadiens drafted Saku.[/quote'] yep,he survived cancer and is a great player.Favorite thing to say here GO HABS GO

My favorite player is Dainius Zubrus from New Jersey Devils.I like him because he is lithuanian (like I:)) and because he never forgets from were he come from.He suports young hockey teams,so hockey become more and more popular in Lithuania

yeah, i remember watching his comeback game after he was cured of cancer. that was very emotional and touching, a whopping 10 minute standing ovation for him before the game. i'm sure that it's one of the greatest moments in his life, if not the greatest. i hold this memory very dear, thank you guys over the pond for your classiness, respect and passion. Saku Koivu said Montreal is like a second home to him. They gave him a standing ovation again when he returned to the Bell Centre as a Duck. It's something that makes me so proud.GO HABS GO

My favorite player is Dainius Zubrus from New Jersey Devils.I like him because he is lithuanian (like I:)) and because he never forgets from were he come from.He suports young hockey teams' date='so hockey become more and more popular in Lithuania[/quote']wow, i didn't know he was Lithuanian. is hockey big in Lithuania? i mean it's not a country you hear when speaking about hockey, but is it popular there? i would love to see them on international ice too!

I like hockey very much! My favorite team plays in Germany - this time only in the 3.league.EV Duisburg! But a few years ago they played five years in the first league = DEL. I like to watch NHL Hockey on TV, and a good friend of mine was a finish hockey player (he played in Finland at Tuto Turko and here in Germany at EV Duisburg)So next week I can go to hockey every week again! :thumbsup:

Earlier this off-season, I saw The Stanley Cup in person. The son of the owner of the Defending World Champion Boston Bruins owns a house not too far from where I live. So does Cam Neely. They both brought the cup here for people to see,touch,kiss, etc. Hope I get to see it again next summer! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

we got a rare treat last friday when Anaheim Ducks and Buffalo Sabres played their season opener here in Helsinki, Finland. NHL have shipped teams here for three years now for season openers, and we love them here. everyone kinda goes nuts when we get a taste of the NHL over here. and of course, this year was a bit different to those before. we got to see our national hero Teemu Selänne play a live NHL match here in Finland for the first, and probably the last time as he will most likely retire after the season. Ducks for the cup, do it for TEEMU!and Frey, you're not the only one! i saw the cup when Bruins' backup goalie Tuukka Rask brought it over. We were passing Savonlinna(where he brought the cup for showing), a city, on a road trip as we realized that he, the festivities and the cup was there! we then headed over there after asking directions and got to see the cup! the stanley cup was much bigger then i had anticipated. what a day that was. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Sidney Crosby is FINALLY ready to return to hockey today, arguably the best player in hockey. he hasn't played since Jan. 6 when he was diagnosed with a concussion. i'm pretty pumped to see this, great news for any hockey fan.

Sidney Crosby is FINALLY ready to return to hockey today' date=' arguably the best player in hockey. he hasn't played since Jan. 6 when he was diagnosed with a concussion. i'm pretty pumped to see this, great news for any hockey fan.[/quote']Our Canadian star is back,thats fantastic news,I wondered if he would come back:DOf course Montreal lost against Boston tonight,that sucked :cry:but we always had a big rivalry with Boston nothing new

• 4 weeks later...

after 15 long years Teemu Selänne returns to Winnipeg, where he shattered the league's point and goal records for rookies with 76 goals and 132 points in a single season. Selänne's Anaheim Ducks will be facing the Winnipeg Jets tonight, remember to tune in!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone watching the WJC's this year? just came back from our cousins' house, watched finns beat them yanks 4-1! we got some lucky goals, but that's the name of the game. we won, that's all that matters. :cool:

This is ironic Montreal is playing Florida panthers in florida.I love florida but Montreal is my city.There playing on New Years Eve also