Worst Songs of the 80's

Frey

Rolling Stone Magazine did a readers poll of the top ten worst songs of the 80'sI couldn't get the link to work, so here's the list:1"We Built This City" -Starship2 "The Final Countdown" -Europe3 "The Lady in Red" -Chris de Burgh4 "Wake Me up Before you Go-Go" -Wham!5" The Safety Dance" -Men Without Hats6 " Rock Me Amadeus" -Falco7 "Don't Worry, Be Happy" -Bobby Mc'Ferrin8 "Mickey" -Toni Basil9 "Putin' on the Ritz" -Taco10 "Never Gonna Give You Up" -Rick AstleyI like a few of these songs and don't think they belong on this list. "We Are The World" should be #1 with Rick Astley coming in a close second and "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and the Bohemians #3.What songs from the 80's do you hate?

Wow. I'm surprised to see Mickey on the list.The only selection I FIRMLY agree with is Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham. I couldn't stand it then, really can't stand it now.

I saw this list and figured it was more of their 80s bashing. The only song on here I never really liked was Don't Worry, Be Happy. Mickey just got played too much and got put on every 80s complation CD ever released. I think that's why people got sick of it. And We Built This City ALWAYS gets bashed simply because the band used to be Jefferson Airplane in a past life and hippies hate how they evolved into Starship and started doing yuppie rock. But it's not a terrible song.