Been waiting 7 years to see Freefall

dizzy izzy

Vice captured a special, but highly difficult time in my life. I promised myself when I finished graduate school and defended my dissertation I would allow myself to watch it. Last night, finally got a chance to do it. Now that its done i'm not sure I can start again. Felt just as burnt out as Crockett did with "the system." Anyone else able to relate to the series like that?

• Administrators

Sure. I think everyone, at some point in their life, realizes that trying to change things, whether it's your job, your life or whatever is an effort in futility. What I liked best about season 5 was that you could watch Crockett slowly burnout through the whole season. "Freefall" was the perfect ending.

yes I have I use to work at a hotel as a dishwasher when the show was on and everyone dissed me for watching the show and blaming me for the script and the way it was going. I followed him in quiting my job I have not been back since the show went of the air

Sure. I think everyone' date=' at some point in their life, realizes that trying to change things, whether it's your job, your life or whatever is an effort in futility. What I liked best about season 5 was that you could watch Crockett slowly burnout through the whole season. "Freefall" was the perfect ending.[/quote']How a person deals with a situation in life can be critical to that person's future. Stress can take its toll. I wish we could have seen Crockett and Tubbs in the years that followed.

Yep, can definitely relate to how Crockett felt!Sometimes you are left with no choice but to take alternate paths in your life....but it make you wonder if you could have continued on with your original path (if circumstances were better) - where you would be today......Glad you finally got to see Freefall :thumbsup: I only saw it a few months ago for the first time myself.

That is what made it one of the greatest shows of all time. It touched millions of people and changed many a life though many people probably would not openly talk about it or admit it. The show was very real and alive.
  • Like 1

Miami Vice touched me so much, I live it everyday. I'm on this site everyday, Everything I do is MIAMI VICE!I've burnt out like Crockett before. I've just delt with it, and tried to make things fresh and new, but I feel for Crockett and Tubbs, because after all they did to make the world a better place, the bad guys still remain.

Vice captured a special' date=' but highly difficult time in my life. I promised myself when I finished graduate school and defended my dissertation I would allow myself to watch it. Last night, finally got a chance to do it. Now that its done i'm not sure I can start again. Felt just as burnt out as Crockett did with "the system." Anyone else able to relate to the series like that?[/quote']Change in life and direction can be good or maybe just the journey is the the good part. Ive' been like that a few times, wanting a change. A couple of times I made the decision myself and another time cicumstances forced my decision. Thankfully so far they have all been the right ones. Am in that postion now where I know I need a change of direction, but I know that i'll either make the decision myself or circumstance will force it. Maybe it's just my unsettled nature.Anyway, relating that back to vice. The whole series was a great journey, as is life. And it was good, in a strange way, to watch Crockett slowly burn out in season 5. I think "freefall" was a great ending. How Crockett, I think, wanted to get out and finally that decision was forced on him.

I can definitely relate to Crockett during S5. My last job had me so burnt out at times, I was positively fried. It was bittersweet when the placed closed, having spent six years there, but it was for the best (for me, at least, although my new job, while much higher paying, can be just as miserable, sometimes more :( . Today was one of those days for sure).There was definitely a magic about MV. Most of us won't lead that kind of lifestyle, but the fact we can relate to the characters nevertheless proves how well written & acted the show was.

Vice captured a special' date=' but highly difficult time in my life. I promised myself when I finished graduate school and defended my dissertation I would allow myself to watch it. Last night, finally got a chance to do it. Now that its done i'm not sure I can start again. Felt just as burnt out as Crockett did with "the system." Anyone else able to relate to the series like that?[/quote']I feel your pain, brother. Occasionally a very few folks said they either never will watch it or can't watch it. (It sure is nice not having to cite sources ;) ) I've only seen it once and for the most part, can't remember what happens except for the revolucion business and Southern Law Enforcement business. Just like you completed your training, you completed Vice but it's still there and now you can apply your new mastery. So you take a vacation and hopefully come back.