80's Broadcast: Checkered Mix

Philippe

Almost 1 hour and 30 minutes of 100% uncut music waves from the Multi-billion era. Including hits by: The Police, Kate Bush, Duran Duran, Killing Joke, The Fixx, The Passions, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Cure, Simple Minds and many others...[ATTACH=CONFIG]4893[/ATTACH]Go to the following link and press the big-O-button for an instant flashback!http://www.mixcloud.com/80sBroadcast/checkered-mix/This broadcast is 100% legal, thanks to MixCloud all artists featured in this mix get payed based on listening behaviour.

Great tunes...greater memories.Geeeeeeeez I'm going to hate it when altztimers hits!:sick:Then again...now that I think about it...all the music would be new again if I had memory loss? Wonder if I would like it again???? :)

Great tunes...greater memories.Geeeeeeeez I'm going to hate it when altztimers hits!:sick:Then again...now that I think about it...all the music would be new again if I had memory loss? Wonder if I would like it again???? :)

Hey Thanks Stinger390X, I'm glad you enjoy it!:thumbsup:When Alzheimer hit? :eek: Well you could re-watch all the Miami Vice episodes just like you've never seen them before.:cool: You'll be like: "Don who?":)

Philippe' date='you did it again!:balloon:You know already what Im gona say that this is SUPER:thumbsup:[/quote']Hi Victor, I'm really glad you enjoy it!:cool: Thanks for listening!:radar:

Cool! A very different style this time and I haven't heard most of them. I really like the song "Could you" by He Said. Different sound, very ahead of it's time I think. I've only heard similar in the last decade. Good ending too. The last several songs work well side-by-side. This one came quick, I was still listening to the last one.Edit: Oh yeah, Tea in the Sahara is a great song isn't it. The Police had some awesome atmosphere. Loved hearing that one on there.

Cool! A very different style this time and I haven't heard most of them. I really like the song "Could you" by He Said. Different sound' date=' very ahead of it's time I think. I've only heard similar in the last decade. Good ending too. The last several songs work well side-by-side. This one came quick, I was still listening to the last one.Edit: Oh yeah, Tea in the Sahara is a great song isn't it. The Police had some awesome atmosphere. Loved hearing that one on there.[/quote']Hello Beach_Vice and thank you so much for this lengthy review. Indeed I agree that it's a bit more of a different mix than usual, I threw in some more New Wave tracks in there and it doesn't surprise me that you haven't heard of them. There are so much great bands and acts that where out in the 80's so it's always a pleasure to bring them back to the forefront.Stay tuned for more, and thank you again for listening, it is much appreciated!:thumbsup:

You do it again Philippe' date='Love the music.Great job as always.:thumbsup::happy:[/quote']Thank you so much Alleycat, it always makes me happy when people enjoy it and there are so much great tunes out there I just feel the need to share.:radio:Stay tuned for more!:cool:

I can't get it to start. Does anyone else have this issue? My machine/Java are all up-to-date.

Try it again, sometimes it could be a server problem or something.Anyway let me know if you still have problems, and I'll try to find out what could be the possible cause.:radar:

Dude, did you just make a new one already? It rocks! You are truly an hombre de las Ochenta. :clap: Voices Carry made it onto my biggest 80s compliation album, Extraoccidental (by DJ Wif Cheese).

Dude' date=' did you just make a new one already? It rocks! You are truly an hombre de las Ochenta. :clap: Voices Carry made it onto my biggest 80s compliation album, Extraoccidental (by DJ Wif Cheese).[/quote']Yes, and you where the first to notice because by the time I uploaded it on mixcloud I was totally wasted:prost::sick:... So I only posted it on here just today.:D

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting mix, with some edgey songs. :radar:I enjoy discovering these songs, as I havn't heard alot of your songs and I usually like them immediately after the first play, which is uncommon for me. My top picks from this mix are:Happy House - Siouxsie And The Banshees3 am - Liv KristineLess Cities, More Moving People - The FixxTea In The Sahara - The PoliceBring Me Closer - Into ParadiseOh and I can't forget the quirky little ditty, What's New Pussycat - The Flying Lizards. ;)

Funny, the graphic you made for this oneI just noticed is like the wall painting from the MV scene in your avatar. Only this time the character looks a lot like Callie from 'Definitely Miami.' I really like this graphic now!

Funny' date=' the graphic you made for this oneI just noticed is like the wall painting from the MV scene in your avatar. Only this time the character looks a lot like Callie from 'Definitely Miami.' I really like this graphic now![/quote']Absolutely, the graphic struck me from the first time I saw in the episode. So I knew I wanted to do something with it at some point.Glad you like the artwork!:cool: