Miami 2011 - pictures of Star Island

CarolineUK

These are a bit late in coming but I've been waiting to see which ones MiamiJim wanted to use for trivia.I took plenty around Ocean Drive but I'm going to begin with Star Island where the security guards let Jim drive us around. The pictures were taken "on the hop" as we weren't allowed to get out of the vehicle at any time. At least we got to see some through the high gates! Most of the mansions have changed since vice days and some have gone altogether. It's such a shame we didn't have the authority to spend more time to get closer shots - but hope you all like them amyways!Little Prince/Scarface mansionEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildSylvester Stallone's previous homeEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/Miami%20and%20Keys%202011/IMG_6969.jpg

Thanks for posting Sue. You must have a great camera to take such clear shots through my dirty truck windows. You should post the other shots you put on FB.

Thanks everyone. Yes, thankfully the security guards let us through.@ bluepearl - the last photo you queried: it was the final house visible on the right of the road as we were leaving Star Island (as Jim said, I was taking pictures through the side window) - so it's on the opposite site of the island to the Little Prince one. Maybe one of the other members will recognise it (if it has stayed the same over the years). It was in this approximate location that DJ rented a house when starring on the later series of MV.@ miamijim: I've completed two threads today & I'll do a few more each day. I'll be starting again with the pictures I took of the mansions from the water when my friend Tina & I did the sightseeing cruise from Bayside, so members can tie up the ones taken by vehicle or by boat

Those are sweet, my favorites were the last one with the Scarface mansion with the gate, trees and shrubs; and also the Stallone mansion - what is the deal with that crazy castle portcullis! Did you and Jim have to use your Vice credentials to get on Star Island or just ask if you could take a quick looksee? Hehe!

Those are sweet' date=' my favorites were the last one with the Scarface mansion with the gate, trees and shrubs; and also the Stallone mansion - what is the deal with that crazy castle portcullis! Did you and Jim have to use your Vice credentials to get on Star Island or just ask if you could take a quick looksee? Hehe![/quote']Jim will have to answer that one although I was holding my breath as we went past the guards because I've longed to have a peep through the gates. The pictures posted here are a sample of what I took: I tried to get some shots of the gates showing the house numbers in case during location hunting anyone was trying to pinpoint a particular mansion that it may help a little in the future. If anyone is researching an ep then please feel free to contact me & I'll link you to my photobucket album.The Stallone mansion was (or still is) up for sale & the details are online. The interior is also very Indian in design. I'll be posting the shot from the water later today in my next thread.I had a great time taking these and I'm glad you are all enjoying them too

@ bluepearl - the last photo you queried: it was the final house visible on the right of the road as we were leaving Star Island (as Jim said' date=' I was taking pictures through the side window) - so it's on the opposite site of the island to the Little Prince one. Maybe one of the other members will recognise it (if it has stayed the same over the years). It was in this approximate location that DJ rented a house when starring on the later series of MV.[/quote']Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. :done::clap::thumbsup: I'm looking forward :happy: to more pictures. For me, especially here in Germany, this is a wonderful, 'surreal' world. Each small step in here is fascinating to me...:balloon:

Thanx for sharing. They are beautiful. Must have been exciting to have been there to see first hand. Mike

Yes, it was great to see them from this angle. My boat pics are going on this afternoon on the forum

Nice pictures. However a little correction. No filming for the movie Scarface (1983) was ever done on Star Island. The little Prince house is just that, a great Miami Vice landmark, but it has nothing to do with the movie Scarface and looks nothing like anything that was used in Scarface. The Stallone house is interesting, when did he live there? I am familiar with his mansion on Brickell Ave. next to Madona's old place but I did not know he lived on Star Island.

Did you and Jim have to use your Vice credentials to get on Star Island or just ask if you could take a quick looksee? Hehe!

lol It is a fairly common misconception that they can stop you from driving down a residential street. It is still somewhat the USA home of the semi-free. You cannot be stopped from driving down a residential road that tax dollars built so anyone can go in there. Since it is public property you also have no expectation of privacy and that is what the gate is for. To slow you down to get a good digital photo of you and your vehicle's tag for their records/security. I am always polite and respectfull even if the private security says no stopping and no getting out of the car as if it were something other than a polite request or their preference. I politely ignore them. You can always stop and take pictures of what ever you want as long as you are not on private property or breaking some other law.