Philippes MIX'es fans post!

Victor

I really like Philippes mixes,they are so full of the 80's spirit and very relaxing!Good job Philippe and keep up the good work!Im a big fan of your sets

You know you have a big fan in me. ;)What I love besides the sheer quality of songs, is the diversity of mixes, yet they manage to maintain that essential 80's vibe. :thumbsup:The graphics are very well done. :balloon:NEONTASTIC! :balloon:

Wow, thank you Victor, Keroline, Juscat, CageyJG and AceMaster!:eek:Oh my goodness, I'm really happy to see all this enthusiasm combined in one thread.And Yes Juscat, I also make the graphics myself - there's a lot of work involved but you people make it worth it!I did not expect it, this means allot to me, Thank you!!!!:cool:

I am already a big fan Philippe.You have music that I forgot about or did not hear before and also gets my creative juices :rolleyes: I love the graphics they are so :cool: you do fantastic work man

It's going to be hard to pick out my favorite program. It's either Checkered or Vixxen and I still have about 8 more to check out. Philippe has a good knack for picking out what works well together and putting together a mood. It would be ideal if I could study with this music, but I am über-ADD & most of the time, if I don't put something like classical on I'd be Flashdancing all over the room getting nothing done. You should be afull-time DJ, Philippe.

I am already a big fan Philippe.You have music that I forgot about or did not hear before and also gets my creative juices

Thanks Alleycat, it's great to hear that especially because I am a fan of your creations myself.:thumbsup:

It's going to be hard to pick out my favorite program. It's either Checkered or Vixxen and I still have about 8 more to check out. Philippe has a good knack for picking out what works well together and putting together a mood. It would be ideal if I could study with this music, but I am über-ADD & most of the time, if I don't put something like classical on I'd be Flashdancing all over the room getting nothing done. You should be afull-time DJ, Philippe.

Thanks CageyJG, I would love to do dj work, especially because these 80's tracks are timeless and I really miss the era, so combining both would be uber-cool.We gonna have a party like it's 1988:D:D:D

• 1 month later...
We gonna have a party like it's 1988:D:D:D
Hell yeah.Philippe' date=' thanks for introducing me to so much PHENOMENAL '80s music. Here are my five favorites so far:Again And Again By Roaring Boys[url']
Maybe The Poet By Bruce Cockburn
Love On Your Side By The Thompson Twins
On Video by Shanghai(Couldn't find video :rain:)Standing in the Rain by Hambi & The Dance
If I could mail pizza to thank you, I'd send you the best one I could find. :clap:

Hi CageyJG, You're welcome - I'm happy you enjoyed the 'broadcast' so far and it's indeed a pleasure to read you have discovered some nice songs. I would gladly share a pizza with you and it doesn't have to be the best one.:cool: The cool part is that the mixes will stay in the cloud, ready to be broadcasted when you or other people feel like it.Personally, I feel the need sometimes to get away from todays music on the radio and the 80's Broadcast gives me a chance to retreat in my own little world where the 80's still continue as if it had never left.:radar:

Maybe The Poet By Bruce Cockburn
Love On Your Side By The Thompson Twins
On Video by Shanghai(Couldn't find video :rain:)Standing in the Rain by Hambi & The Dance
If I could mail pizza to thank you, I'd send you the best one I could find. :clap:

Some of them have intros like a radio announcer - nice touch. Do we get to hear your voice in any of these, or are these samples you put together? Good luck in the Mixcloud/FB competition, it would be great to see you make it to the top of the '80s bracket someday if they have one.

Well... You know... I love the mixes. I always think: The next one can't show up soon enough.

Thanks Beach_Vice! I know you are one of the trusty listeners and I always appreciate reading your comments!:cool:

Some of them have intros like a radio announcer - nice touch. Do we get to hear your voice in any of these' date=' or are these samples you put together? Good luck in the Mixcloud/FB competition, it would be great to see you make it to the top of the '80s bracket someday if they have one.[/quote']So far my voice is not on there. One radio jingle was done by a professional radio presenter, and the Don Lafontaine homage was done by someone who has a talent in imitating Don LaFontain's voice. I did however made both scripts (the things they say) and also the soundtrack on the last one, you know the one that starts with: 'In a time...'.;)

• 3 months later...

It's been awhile since the Miami Vice community DJ got a shout-out and I'd like to send some good karma in his direction. Philippe has prepared over 20 mixes with great accompanying cover art. He is a true credit to all of vicedom. Anyone who hasn't gone through, surf on over tohttp://www.mixcloud.com/80sBroadcast/?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_upload&utm_term=cloudcast_owner_link&utm_content=htmlI can hit play and have continuous ambience for over 24 hrs. Just leave my office, and come back a day later, and it's still going. Great job, Phil!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...