Power Over Procratination and Achieve Your Goals

RAmarena

Power Over Procrastination and Achieve Your GoalsNo matter what you do for a living, from time to tome we have all suffered from procrastination. What you tell yourself can either perpetuate the situation or break that procrastination wall!For example, when you have something to have to or would like to do, what do you tell yourself? Do you tell yourself “I should do……†or “I must do…..â€.You may think the above is not very important, but I believe it is. Let’s take a closer look.The procrastinator tends to say things like:“I should exercise.â€â€œI should go back to school.â€â€œI should study for class.â€â€œI should finish that report for work.†The doer, however, tends to say things like:“I must exercise and get fit!â€â€œI must go back to school!â€â€œI must study for class!â€â€œI must finish that report for work!â€See the difference? The doer creates a sense of urgency by saying and thinking “I MUST!†While the procrastinator, by saying “I should….â€, does not create that sense of urgency and tends to let things slide until whenever he or she gets around to or feels like doing whatever it is they must do.When I must get things done, I never say, “I should….†Instead, I tell myself, “I must…â€. This may seem like an insignificant play on words, but the latter creates a sense of urgency. The former does not!Adding a timeframe also helps create urgency. For example:“I must get that report done today.““I must go to the gym today.â€â€œI must finish that report for work today!â€From now on, whenever you have something that must get done, tell yourself, “I must get _________ done by [add a time frame].†Try your best to attach a time frame to the task. I do this with everything I must get done, even in my personal life. On the days I go to the gym, I tell myself all day, I must work out today! I tell myself this all day so that by the time I get home from work, I already know that I am going to the gym. No excuses. When I have papers to grade, I tell myself, I must get these papers graded by the end of the day!From now on start using the word “must†whenever you have something you must get done, and never use the word “should.†I want you to delete the word “should†from your vocabulary and replace it with “mustâ€.I hope this article has helped you? If you would like to learn more ways to help get and stay motivated and achieve your goals, create your action plan to achieving goals, and help with procrastination and time management issues, check out my new book, “The Success Factor†available on my website’s book page (http://SuccessFactor4u.com), or search on either Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble’s website. Search for me, Renato Amarena. I also invite you to view my Testimonials page on this site to see what others are saying about my book.As always, your continued success is my mission!