Miami Vice Theme

Tony D.

I heard the Miami Vice Theme last week on our local "oldies" station in Tampa bay, Florida. It was the Jan Hammer, long version. I haven't heard it in years, so it really surprised me. They do play "In the Air Tonight" quite often, but it was great hearing the MV Theme! :cool::thumbsup::radio:

I prefer the original (from the pilot) Miami Vice theme. Okay, the post-pilot version is good with the guitars, but i prefer the simpler one.

Tony, if you haven't heard it in years, get a copy of 1985 Billboard Top Hits. The long version is on that cd as well as other great songs ("Shout", "Broken Wings","The Heat is on", and 6 other top hits from 1985). :thumbsup::radio::clap::)

I heard the Miami Vice Theme last week on our local "oldies" station in Tampa bay' date=' Florida. It was the Jan Hammer, long version. I haven't heard it in years, so it really surprised me. They do play "In the Air Tonight" quite often, but it was great hearing the MV Theme! :cool::thumbsup::radio:[/quote']Its bittersweet... This song being on the radio, but..... on an OLDIES channel! Man how time flies.

Tony, the original theme (the long version) can be found on the Jan Hammer cd's. You own those i think? The first part is used in the first episodes of the first seison. Later they used the part with the guitars (synthesizer). I prefer that part:cool:. The live version can also be found on youtube.

I heard the Miami Vice Theme last week on our local "oldies" station in Tampa bay' date=' Florida. It was the Jan Hammer, long version. I haven't heard it in years, so it really surprised me. They do play "In the Air Tonight" quite often, but it was great hearing the MV Theme! :cool::thumbsup::radio:[/quote']Hi TonyHere is the link for the long version, LIVE..... (Crockett's Theme)http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15754-JAN-HAMMER-LIVE!

I prefer the original (from the pilot) Miami Vice theme. Okay' date=' the post-pilot version is good with the guitars, but i prefer the simpler one.[/quote']yeah, i'm right there, too. it's got much more of that street music feel to it. it could have something to do with the scene in the pilot, where the random guys are jamming in the street. maybe it's something else, but i really feel that version.

Jan Hammers music is so awesome!:clap:my favorite "Crockett's theme"' date='"Rain" and "Tubbs and Valerie":radio:[/quote']Tubbs and Valerie the extended one with the guitars is awesome :D

• 2 weeks later...