Iconic Miami views 2011

CarolineUK

It doesn't matter that I've seen these places before - I still get a great feeling seeing them again. I remember them soooo well from Vice, first time around in the 80s. We all have our favourite Vice locations and here are a few of mine taken in September (although I haven't included 2 of my real faves - the Pink house or the Evan garage as I saw them 2 years ago, not this year):Eingefügtes BildCarlyle - the location of the start of Vice in Miami has to be included (although if you stop by here for a drink be aware there are no prices on the drinks menu & we paid mega dollars for two drinks)Eingefügtes Bild"Was it real?" "You bet it was"The phonebox is missing as is the Bernays sign but this was the site at night at the end of the pilotEingefügtes BildWhere Sonny and Elvis used to live ...Eingefügtes BildThe Freedom Tower from Hit ListEingefügtes BildThe Victor Hotel - used in Out where the buses don't run & other epsEingefügtes BildAnd this is Lummus Park taken from the Victor -again as seen in Out where the buses (where Skates was chased by C&T) but which was featured in many Vice epsEingefügtes BildFrom Heart of Darkness - 1st ep after the pilotEingefügtes BildLincoln Road - used by Vice & a great place for shoppingEingefügtes BildClay hotel - Noogie lived upstairs and other eps were here. They have a board in reception detailing the filming here which was great that they haven't forgotten Vice.Eingefügtes BildEspanola Way - it wasn't a pedestrian way in Vice days but it's stayed much the same otherwise since the Borasca dayshttp://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/Miami%20and%20Keys%202011/PICT0007.jpgNot the best photo of this location (as I was snorkelling) but it was the only one taken this year of another Hit List site, this time of the safe house locationhttp://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/Miami%20and%20Keys%202011/IMG_7120.jpghttp://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/Miami%20and%20Keys%202011/IMG_7121.jpgThis may have been how Vice used to be. We awoke at 5am because of the noise outside from a film crew & watched for several hours as they set up a scene for "Step Up 4" (don't think I'll bother with that one!). The whole of our section of Ocean Drive was closed off by police. Our room was almost directly above where Sonny sat in his car waiting at the start of No Exit (Only found out that out recently)Would love to hear of other people's favourite iconic Vice locations - especially those unusual ones

• Administrators

It seems that the one thing we can never get enough of on this site is Vice locations! Very nice Sue! :thumbsup:

Thanks Sue. :thumbsup:If I was to ever get to Miami and check out MV scenes, the location of the pilot in the scene featuring the phone box/Bernay's, would be a MUST SEE, for me.

Thank you Sue for posting your pics! Just to get there and see with 'Vice on the brain' and take it all or some of it in. I'd like to spend a week there and just bop around and just feel the vibe of Vice and the warm sun shining on us... I need a vacation!-it just snowed where I live yesterday!...Mike