80's Broadcast: MIXING MIAMI

Philippe

80's Broadcast presents: MIXING MIAMI - 2 Hours of various 100% uncut songs from the Multi-billion Era. Including great 80's hits by INXS, U2, Sammy Hagar, Fiona, Yello, B52's, Echo & The Bunnymen, Peter Gabriel and many others.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5034[/ATTACH]Go to the following link and press the big-O-button for an instant flashback!http://www.mixcloud.com/80sBroadcast/mixing-miami/This broadcast is 100% legal, thanks to MixCloud all artists featured in this mix get payed based on listening behaviour.

Love the mix Phillippe:happy:great compilation of songs,I like the The Truth-The Edge Of Town.you are realy good at mix'ing:clap:I like how songs change theres no intermediate disturbance.thumbs up:thumbsup:

alleycat

:cool: Phil,I will take a listen for sure

Thanks Alleycat - I'll hope you will find some interesting songs in there.:cool:

Victor

Love the mix Phillippe:happy:great compilation of songs,I like the The Truth-The Edge Of Town.you are realy good at mix'ing:klatsch:I like how songs change theres no intermediate disturbance.thumbs up

Thanks Victor - I'll do my best in trying to keep it interesting, I have already done several mixes - it get's harder to keep innovating and not using the same songs.I'm happy that you like it - thanks!:cool::radio:

Loved hearing 'Shock the Monkey' by Peter Gabriel. That song doesn't get played much on the oldies radio station here. That's one of my old faves. 'Mr Roboto' seems to be looked at as a silly song by people I know, but I tell them to listen to the words. There's meaning under the up beat tune. That's another thing I like about eighties music, you can have an upbeat sound with a down beat subject. Like 'bitter sweet' which is apparently good in meal ingredients, makes for great music ingredients too I guess. I've never heard that U2 song before and I'm impressed with it. I didn't know they could do that kind of atmosphere. That has to be one of their best in my eyes now.Good picks.

Hey Beach_Vice, Thanks once again for a great review!:cool: Indeed I wanted to include something by Peter Gabriel but I didn't want a to well known song so I picked 'Shock the Monkey'. As for 'Mr Roboto' I was myself not sure if it would be well received or even if it did fit, but I still decided to include it. Like you have said, the lyrics are more profound than what it sounds like music wise.I like the 'bitter sweet' terminology you used here, cooking wise I like 'bitter sweet' - I guess it spilled in my music selection.:)I can't help it but I liked the 80's U2 better than the more recent work they did. Don't get me wrong, it's a world class band and they deserve the success they have. I'm happy I brought this song 'Race Against Time' to your attention, I like it myself a lot and indeed it's a unique atmosphere.Thanks for listening and I hope to read more from you, well appreciated!:thumbsup:p.s. Did you made a mix? It got me curious since the last time you stated you might give it a try yourself.

Loved hearing 'Shock the Monkey' by Peter Gabriel. That song doesn't get played much on the oldies radio station here. That's one of my old faves. 'Mr Roboto' seems to be looked at as a silly song by people I know' date=' but I tell them to listen to the words. There's meaning under the up beat tune. That's another thing I like about eighties music, you can have an upbeat sound with a down beat subject. Like 'bitter sweet' which is apparently good in meal ingredients, makes for great music ingredients too I guess. I've never heard that U2 song before and I'm impressed with it. I didn't know they could do that kind of atmosphere. That has to be one of their best in my eyes now.Good picks.[/quote']

I love your mix,I was able to listen to it from start to finish really some good songs.Heard some vice music I recognized and specially like the Trans Am by Sammy Hagar it made me want to go drive one,the feeling of the song and also liked the car.I had a family member owned a smokey and the bandit one made me think about that when I heard that song.I also liked Angel Song which I had not heard and thought it was a beautiful song.You have a great selection of music and it makes me feel miami even in my snow covered city right now

Hey Alleycat, I'm so happy to read your comment and that you enjoyed the mix! Yes, indeed I try to give it a touch of Miami wherever you are.I also like the song Trans AM a lot! It's a great car and the song just makes it even better.So glad you like the song 'The Angel' by Great White, I think it's a very touching and beautiful song.:cool:Thank you for listening Alleycat, you have been there from the beginning and it means allot to me.:thumbsup:Stay Tuned!

I love your mix' date='I was able to listen to it from start to finish really some good songs.Heard some vice music I recognized and specially like the Trans Am by Sammy Hagar it made me want to go drive one,the feeling of the song and also liked the car.I had a family member owned a smokey and the bandit one made me think about that when I heard that song.I also liked Angel Song which I had not heard and thought it was a beautiful song.You have a great selection of music and it makes me feel miami even in my snow covered city right now[/quote']