Simply Red

cageyJG

Did anyone else think for a long time that the headliner for Simply Red was a female? I think the song "Picture Book" is great, almost hypnotic. Maybe this came up in another topic recently, not sure. Didn't care for the ep so much because I didn't like the character and actor choice for the drug dealer. Script-wise, not a bad idea though.That's all for now, next up for YouTube surfing will be Afrika Bambaataa.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2EqpZatEyM

I've owned several Simply Red CDs for some time now, and other songs you may recognize are: Heaven, and Holding Back the Years to name a couple. The lead singer has a pretty unique voice. This song you posted is excellent and another example of how well Vice integrated a song into a particular scene...very hypnotic as you said. Yeah, the young actor playing the Count was not so strong and a bit strange to me, but was a good ending with Crockett once again losing someone he had gotten close to.

• 5 months later...

Very cool music from Red, and as with many other episodes, the music helped set the mood for the entire show. I have the disk set with that includes this specific episode, and it's one I remember well .... :cool:

Guest MetroVice

The CountYes indeed, the music was fitted to this scene like a fine tailored suit. Although the concept of the Count may have been a bit wacky, everything else about the episode more than makes up for it. Personally I didn't really have an issue with that character but that's what makes us all unique ;)Very sad ending though :cry:

There are many days that I let Simply Red and "Picture Book" play in the background, as I take my drive through the Miami Vice Community. There's a very cool and kind of eery nostalgic feeling to it ........ :cool:

There are many days that I let Simply Red and "Picture Book" play in the background' date=' as I take my drive through the Miami Vice Community. There's a very cool and kind of eery nostalgic feeling to it ........ :cool:[/quote']I like the whole Picture Book CD as well. Just a unique and haunting style that could fit with many Vice episodes.