Biggest tear-jerker

Shill

Guest neworder

Sorry to say, never cried for vice, but the shooting of Caitlin (despite the fact i hate her) is the biggest upsetting thing to happen in vice for me.personally i believe u shud put end of milk run up there too, i find that more upsetting than evan and good collar...Red Tape, whats so tear jearking about that???SJB

Unfortunately I hadn´t more than one choice. Otherwise I would have chosen Down For The Count also. It´s really sad when Stan finds his murdered partner and when he tries to say something at the funeral, but can´t.

I didn't realise that "Down for the Count" would pull on the heart strings so much to be honest. Always thought the scene where a guilt ridden Evan breaks down in front of Sonny at OCB was the most moving scene in vice ever. Still gets to me now.Eingefügtes Bild

I didn't realise that "Down for the Count" would pull on the heart strings so much to be honest. Always thought the scene where a guilt ridden Evan breaks down in front of Sonny at OCB was the most moving scene in vice ever. Still gets to me now.

Actually, I could never tell if that was a real breakdown or an act. Once Tubbs popped his head in to see what was going on, Even stopped....on a dime. If that was real, I don't think he would have stopped IMO.

Good point. But I think "Evan" taps deep into the soul. Have you ever had so much regret about something that it's just broken you down to tears? Okay, that's it from me on this think.... people will think I'm a girl! :o

Actually' date=' I could never tell if that was a real breakdown or an act. Once Tubbs popped his head in to see what was going on, Even stopped....on a dime. If that was real, I don't think he would have stopped IMO.[/quote']right

I think Zito's death is undoubtedly the saddest moment of the series.It wasn't too mawkish. It was handled beautifully with Switek discovering Zito's body and then the mortuary scene. It was genuinely moving. The choice of songs was superb.Both songs, 'There's A River' by Steve Winwood and 'Blind Faith' by Corey Hart were beautiful and underscored Zito's death perfectly. Music consultant Fred Lyle really excelled himself here. He has to be saluted I think. He did his job just as brilliantly as Jan Hammer did.

Guest The Talk
I think Zito's death is undoubtedly the saddest moment of the series.It wasn't too mawkish. It was handled beautifully with Switek discovering Zito's body and then the mortuary scene. It was genuinely moving. The choice of songs was superb.Both songs' date=' 'There's A River' by Steve Winwood and 'Blind Faith' by Corey Hart were beautiful and underscored Zito's death perfectly. Music consultant Fred Lyle really excelled himself here. He has to be saluted I think. He did his job just as brilliantly as Jan Hammer did.[/quote']Great descreption, Tommy! :clap:That's what I'm thinking about this scene - in German. I wouldn't have known all these perfect fitting (matching?) words for.I think Michael Talbott did a great job in acting in this scene.Although he didn't cry (which certainly would have been easier) - the helpless, sad and stunning facial expression was admirable and said it all.

Actually' date=' I could never tell if that was a real breakdown or an act. Once Tubbs popped his head in to see what was going on, Even stopped....on a dime. If that was real, I don't think he would have stopped IMO.[/quote']Why would Evan fake his remorse though?

It's not about faking it as much as it is presenting it. The way he acted towards Crockett was contrived. He very well might have been remorsefull, but it didn't show IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had made a list, I would have added 'Sons and Lovers'. Because even to this day, whenever I watch this ep it still somehow pulls some of my heartstrings.

The pilotthe saddest one for me is in the pilot where sonny pulls up to scotty's house to confront him about being the leak there sitting in the car when crockett says must have had you donna and the kids over what 20 30 times birthdays christmas's I trusted you !!!!!

• 1 month later...

"Down for the Count" and "Hard Knocks" - ironically both with Switek, the supposedly comical character. IT was just the fact that he lost his partner and best friend and then in Season 5 we see him with gambling problems and no partner as such. He feels alone - and then Crockett says at the end that "We're you're partners". Also to me, Switek seems more like a regular guy. And his problems seem more real to me.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to add "Too Much, Too Late" as another tearjerker episode, when Valerie says to Rico at the end that it's too late for them ... and when she leaves Rico gets choked up because he knows he'll never get to marry her.And ... "Theresa," at the end when Sonny and Theresa are in the hospital room, because Sonny also knows their relationship can never continue after the events that happened.I always found Jan Hammer's Theresa theme to be very heart-tugging itself.

the saddest one for me is in the pilot where sonny pulls up to scotty's house to confront him about being the leak there sitting in the car when crockett says must have had you donna and the kids over what 20 30 times birthdays christmas's I trusted you !!!!!

That was sad.You could actually see the hurt, bewilderment, then the anger on Sonny's face and in his voice.Well played by Don Johnson.