WAR HORSE

COOPER&BURNETT

I saw the movie WAR HORSE tonight. It's the newest STEVEN SPIELBERG directed movie. It's 2 and 1/2 hours long, but it goes pretty quick.I liked the film. It's somewhat epic in scale. I enjoyed JOHN WILLIAMS' music for the movie as well.

I saw the trailer to this movie and it looks good and I was thinking of checking it out

The horse touches the lives of all those who come across it. The film opens on Christmas day.

Sounds like a :cool: movie

It is.I'm looking forward to seeing Spielberg's other movie, The adventures of TINTIN. I like Action, Adventure movies.

• Administrators
I can't reveal that kind of stuff' date=' you know that. ;)[/quote'] Can't blame a guy for trying! ;)

I saw the movie WAR HORSE tonight. It's the newest STEVEN SPIELBERG directed movie. It's 2 and 1/2 hours long' date=' but it goes pretty quick.I liked the film. It's somewhat epic in scale. I enjoyed JOHN WILLIAMS' music for the movie as well.[/quote']I had a pre-release screening pass for this, but passed. I saw the trailer, it looks like a typical epic film that I would have no interest in seeing...and at 2 1/2 hours I'd be cringing in my seat looking for the remote to turn it off :)...

I had a pre-release screening pass for this' date=' but passed. I saw the trailer, it looks like a typical epic film that I would have no interest in seeing...and at 2 1/2 hours I'd be cringing in my seat looking for the remote to turn it off :)...[/quote']You had a pass? How can someone get one? It'll do well at the box office. It is long, but it goes quickly. If you don't like epic movies, then perhaps you made the right choice for you.

You had a pass? How can someone get one? It'll do well at the box office. It is long' date=' but it goes quickly. If you don't like epic movies, then perhaps you made the right choice for you.[/quote']I'm on a list, one of the remaining perks of a former employer. I'm sure the film will do well, but like I said, "Epic" movies are definitely not something I would gravitate to...

Hollywood has been hurting for a good film since The King's Speech (~FEB '11). Maybe this'll be it. (It surely wasn't Transformers 3.)

WAR HORSE might get some Oscar nods. Cinematography certainly from what I could tell. Possibly a nomination, but not a win, for JOHN WILLIAMS' score. The acting in film was fine, but there wasn't a standout, as there are several different people in the film, as it goes from place to place, so I'm going to guess no nominations for acting, even though the acting was good. Sound won't get a nomination...and if it does, it will loose to something like Transformers 3 (which I thought sucked, but I just don't get the fighting robots from space etc....too much, too loud)They may get nominated for best costumes.Spielberg may get a nomination for best Director, but I'm just going to guess he won't win it.

They're advertising it at the theatres now but it doesn't open untill Dec 8 up here in the Great White North. Looking forward to seeing it as i love war stories to begin with and this one looks like it has a good twist.Have you seen "Passhondale" Coop?It's the true story of fight for Passhondale France in WWI. It was written and directed and starred our Canadian Paul Gross. Awesome film pal...check it out.By the way thanks for the critique on War horse and can hardly wqait to wsee it now.