The Undefeated 72 Miami Dolphins

miamijimf

The 72 Team is popping champagne corks now that the Packers lost and they remain the only unbeaten team. Some of those players say in public that it's no big deal but I think they all consider it a big deal. I certainly do. It is a record that has held up for 40 yrs. FINS UP! Nothing against Packer Fans, they can and probably will win the Super Bowl, I don't care.

http://youtu.be/mC4Gnxt_2V4

• 2 years later...

Football season is here finally and the Miami Dolphins play their first game this Sunday.  Below is a pic of fans and the Freedom Tower lit up in Dolphin colors- orange, aqua, and white.  The Miami Tower a.k.a. the Bank of America Building, and other high rises are also lit up with the same colors.

temp090414 FreedomTower AO0006  Nfl mezz 1280 1024

History buffs will find this interesting.  A replica of a Spartan shield is in the Dolphins locker room.  The stated purpose is to "channel their inner warrior," It is a symbol of courage, loyalty, and determination.

BwthXY3CIAAFJU9

GO DOLPHINS!  FINS UP!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the colors are reminiscent of 80s Vice in a way.  Orange, white, and green (or aqua) are traditional Miami colors because they reflect the environment.  You see them on the city flag, sports uniforms etc.  Miami Beach starting painting their buildings these colors in the early 80s, although they used pastel shades and they used other pastel colors, pink etc. This color scheme was adopted by Vice and was one of the things that made the show unique.    

Edited by miamijimf

• 1 year later...

Congrats to the Miami Dolphins for their first win with their new coach - 38 to 10.

I second that...Watched the entire game, it was refreshing to see a coach actually coach a team instead of just walking up and down the sidelines with his headphones on looking like a lost soul... 

• Like 1

Ya it broke their three game losing streak.  Shows that in major sports competition motivation and emotion is a major factor (90%?) in victory. 

• 1 month later...

So do I.  I'm tired of their mediocre play.  IMO they should keep the interim coach, look for another QB, and fire the general manager and offensive coordinator.

• 5 years later...

Pop the champagne with former Dolphin players.  The Steelers, the last undefeated team this season lost.  The Fins are STILL the only undefeated perfect NFL team.

118296606_191621392379985_5511566306244583196_n.jpg.fe63db90c84b984da08de9b4a29dbf79.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb miamijimf:

Pop the champagne with former Dolphin players.  The Steelers, the last undefeated team this season lost.  The Fins are STILL the only undefeated perfect NFL team.

118296606_191621392379985_5511566306244583196_n.jpg.fe63db90c84b984da08de9b4a29dbf79.jpg

Yeah, I saw the Pitts-Washington game yesterday and did not believe in a turnaround  after the first half.

Very exciting! And the Dolphins have a good chance to reach the playoffs for the first time in a long time !

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Yeah, I saw the Pitts-Washington game yesterday and did not believe in a turnaround  after the first half.

Very exciting! And the Dolphins have a good chance to reach the playoffs for the first time in a long time !

Hope so but they have a tough schedule ahead with a rookie QB - Kansas City, The Raiders, Buffalo, New England.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

Hope so but they have a tough schedule ahead with a rookie QB - Kansas City, The Raiders, Buffalo, New England.

Right, maybe I am missing something but the Patriots have two wins less and the Jets are out already with no wins. Bulls are one win ahead only. Thus it should be possible to achieve second place in AFC East for the Playoffs. 
Lots of team struggle and this years even teams with more losses than wins can win  a conference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@miamijimf Dolphins won against the Patriots today and are currently en route to the playoffs as 7th of the AFC. Only Baltimore could interfere.

Last two regular season games against Raiders and Bulls will decide. 

• Like 1

Looks good for the Dolphins to make the playoffs.  If they win at Buffalo next weekend they are in.  Not an easy task, even if the Bills rest some of their starters.  Not likely for them to rest anybody.  The No. 2 Steelers (12-3) play at No. 7 Cleveland Browns (10-5).  A Browns loss would put Miami in the playoffs even if the Dolphins lose at Buffalo.  The No. 6 Baltimore Ravens (10-5) play at Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1), who have won two in a row.  A Ravens loss would put Miami in the playoffs even if the Dolphins lose at Buffalo.    On the outside looking in, the No. 8 seeded Colts (10-5) at Jacksonville, which has secured the No. 1 draft pick.  A Colts loss would put Miami in the playoffs even if the Dolphins lose at Buffalo.  Not terribly likely for Jacksonville to win but possible.  Does look good for Miami to get the no 3 overall draft pick in the first round next year.  Should they draft a quarterback?  Fins Up!

Edited by miamijimf
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miamijimf said:

If they win at Buffalo next weekend and they are in.

Should be a great game. Some really good teams this year! Except for the NFC East... :) 

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb miamijimf:

Looks good for the Dolphins to make the playoffs.  If they win at Buffalo next weekend they are in.  Not an easy task, even if the Bills rest some of their starters.  Not likely for them to rest anybody.  The No. 2 Steelers (12-3) play at No. 7 Cleveland Browns (10-5).  A Browns loss would put Miami in the playoffs even if the Dolphins lose at Buffalo.  The No. 6 Baltimore Ravens (10-5) play at Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1), who have won two in a row.  A Ravens loss would put Miami in the playoffs even if the Dolphins lose at Buffalo.    On the outside looking in, the No. 8 seeded Colts (10-5) at Jacksonville, which has secured the No. 1 draft pick.  A Colts loss would put Miami in the playoffs even if the Dolphins lose at Buffalo.  Not terribly likely for Jacksonville to win but possible.  Does look good for Miami to get the no 3 overall draft pick in the first round next year.  Should they draft a quarterback?  Fins Up!

Great summary, thanks! The NFL play off decision is very close and very exciting this year with lots of „if....“ chances for the Dolphins even if they lose against the Bills. No scriptwriter could have written this, eg that the Jets lose all first 13 games and then defeat much better teams twice at the end of the season....

I am happy that the Dolphins are in this position at all after (20?) years of not having a chance  for the play offs and after a slow start with many losses that they were able to turn around into a solid win streak in the last few rounds against teams not easy to play.

Fun fact: even if the Dolphins lose against Buffalo, their chance to make it to the playoffs is still 72% due to the interactive calculator (source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/upshot/miami-dolphins-nfl-playoff-picture.html#buf-mia-17=win)

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

I hope everyone hear keeps fingers crossed for tonight´s decisive game Dolphins vs. Bills? I will watch the game live and do my part :)

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dadrian:

I’ve been looking forward to it @Tom:checkbox:

There will be two exciting games! The game itself and the calculation afterwards during the night games of the other play-off candidates in AFL. This will be a last minute race until we know whether they make it, unless they win their game, then it´s clear upfront...:D

• Like 2