Crockett's stubble vs. today's actors

Tony D.

Crockett had 2 day stubble because he was on a stakeout all night & couldn't shave. It looked a little un-kempt but cool :cool: DJ even had a bit off screen. Still cool! At a wedding in an episode he was clean shaven, and also at other times.Today's actors have 5 days of un-shaven ugliness on & off screen, even at the Oscars in tuxcedos. Not cool at all. :thumbsdown:

Yeh Tony I know what you mean...There's the "I just got out of bed after a 15 hour shift" look, and then there is the "I haven't shaved in five days because I'm too lazy to" look.One is cool and the other is just simply unkept...

indeed theres a great difference between looking a touch ruffled and unkempt from a long day at work and looking like you've been lost in the woods for a week, and seeing how modern holywood has no idea about the importance of color combinations and properly mixing colors like vice did I'm not surprised their trying to copy it and utterly failing at it, hell the one exception I've seen is Hugh Laurie on house in both those regards.

When I go on vacation, and haven't shaved for a day or two, it looks cool. If I don't shave for the week, I look scruffy, dirty, and it all looks wrong.

In regard to wearing Tuxedos at gala events......I hate when they wear an open shirt and no tie with a suit or tux and also construction shoes or sneakers. Jeans do not go with a suit jacket either!Miami Vice showed real style and it resonated with the audience.

• Administrators

Jeans do not go with a suit jacket either!

They did for DJ for most of season 5. Some even had holes in the knees!

I've done the "just-rolled-out-of-bed-look", it works for some occasions, but not all. I wonder if anyone (here) bought the "Miami Device" back in the day. I didn't (beards are itchy growing in unless you use conditioner, believe it ot not). I'll bet whoever came up with that idea made a lot of money off of it...

They did for DJ for most of season 5. Some even had holes in the knees!

I agree, but not for a wedding or on TV in front of millions of viewers. I would wear my best clothes or buy new ones.

When I go on vacation' date=' and haven't shaved for a day or two, it looks cool. If I don't shave for the week, I look scruffy, dirty, and it all looks wrong.[/quote']How can YOU shave??? You have no head????????hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha