Best Season

BlackJack

Hi, I've only made it through Seasons 1 and 2 so far. Season 3 gets started this weekend! Just wondered what order you would put the seasons in from best to worst. I'm interested because I've read how poor Season 4 especially is. From what I've read I get the impression Season 4 is the worst followed by Season 5.Personally I'd rate season one marginally higher than 2, but not by much.Any thoughts?

Yeah, I have a thought on the subject. I like One and Two the best. I loved season three the first time I watched it but since watching seasons four and five...Hah, who am I kidding. You gotta watch 'em all yourself and tell us what you think. I love this show!

Well..................................if you put a gun to my head.......................................I guess I would say season2.I found season 5 weak and story lines were bad mostly (not all)Season one is my second fav but it has my most fav episodes such as Evan and Milk Run and Great McCarthy. The colours and settings etc in season 2 was superb and also the many great story lines.Season three had its moments so if your asking for an order of some context I would say in order... season 2, 1 3 4 5 as my fav'sDon't ask for a scale of 1- 10 as that would be more difficult to answer.:rain:

Great. The consensus seems to be that 4 and 5 are a big drop off in quality. I should have finished all 5 season by June so will be able to make up my own mind soon

My favorites from most to least:01. Season Four02. Season One03. Season Two04. Season Five05. Season ThreeMind you, Season Four may have had some stinkers but a lot of the episodes rank as some of my personal favorites, One is my runner up for the more consistent amount of quality episodes throughout, Two comes in third for pumping up the action and stories a bit more in the first half but loses a bit of ground with the more fluffy second half, Five (although I have not seen a couple of episodes) had some good episodes here and there but in the back of my head I could tell the show the was just about over and was drying up, Three ranks last because I felt it relied too much on sappy melodrama too much in certain episodes.

S2Have to say, this was the BEST season overall IMHO.Kicked off with a great premiere, set in NYC.Concluded with a strong finale, Sons and Lovers.Featured great episodes, like Buddies, Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Bushido, Bought and Paid For, Definitely Miami and Little Miss Dangerous.

I would personally say Season 1&2 the best followed by season 4&5 but because of the Burnett trilogy which I love very much and on a personal note Don looked good in season 5 but thats me :eek::p

Wow, that is a tough call as far as ranking seasons three through five. Seasons one and two are my favorites because they to me are what I always think of when I think of Miami Vice. Don't get me wrong, there are great episodes in seasons 3-5, but one and two have the atmosphere, the feel, the look, that to me always take me back to the 80s and watching the show as a younger teen. Even to this day I can watch an episode from the first two seasons and get in a better mood and feel a little like I am in the MV world. In addition, season one, well I am always happy that it is the beginning of the series, there is a freshness (not just the show, characters, pastels) that is still present today when I watch my dvds. If my rambling doesn't make any sense, I understand. But the bottom line is that I have a Vice high for a couple of days after watching an episode of season one or two. :)

• 1 month later...

Season 1 and 2 are the best and from then on it becomes downhill little by little. During season 4 and 5 theres seems to be too much filler boring episodes.The whole series should have wrapped up after season 3 in my opinion at least.Im going through these episodes once again as I have all the seasons on dvd and now got 7 episodes left on the last season on our rewatch, been really terrible stuff and embarrassing storylines.I never really remembered how rock bottom the series hit on the later seasons.What were they really thinking on the series as it went where it went?Where did the original MV feeling disappear on the later seasons?It does not look, sound or feel like it at all.Some liked the darker style of the later seasons but I seriously think these 2 last seasons really lacked something that maked the original series so unique...Im gonna take a ride to good old days someday and watch some of the best episodes.

hi and hallo , i find all seasons good:clap:, but my best favorite are season 1 and season 2:cool::cool::eek::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I would say Seasons 1 & 2S1For the BEST EVER 2 parter "The Golden Triangle" and great episodes such as "No Exit" & "Give a little, take a little"S2Simply for "Phil the Shill" & especialy "Sons and lovers"=TOP episode of the SeasonAlthough my fave episode is from S4 so that would be a close 3rd for meRob

• 1 month later...

This is one that changes around now and then for me, and frankly I love the whole series, but my current rankings:#1- Season One: A great start to the series. The music & filming style backing up the very strong writing for the entire season was revolutionary, and it all still holds up so well today. The only season where I love EVERY episode. #2- Season Five: Not a favorite of many, I know, but I love this season. In many ways, it's the flipside of S1. MV's most dark and despairing season, but not completely hopeless. I found this season to be a strong return to form following S4, aside from a few villains that are a bit too comical. And that finale is stunningly good.#3- Season Two: Certainly the flashiest. While there are a lot of great eps, there's also points where the storyline just doesn't hold up as well as they should (the fact S1 set the bar extremely high doesn't help either). I think that's the reason a lot of then-current reviews stated the show was style-without-substance. We all know that's not true, but given that this was MV's highest rated season, it's easy to see how they'd get that impression. #4- Season Three: Yes, the change in tone is jarring, but there's still some really good episodes. I didn't like losing the Daytona, but the Testarossa IS a very cool car. IMO it's an uneven year, but there's still some real standout episodes.#5- Season Four: Put simply, I don't like this season much. There's a few good episodes, and Sonny's marriage works better than it sounds on paper, but there are a LOT of eps I just don't care to watch often, or ever again, culminating in the series' nadir, Missing Hours (the ONLY episode I flat-out refuse to watch again, although Cows Of October comes close). I'm glad MV had one more year after this to go out on a high note. All that said, thouhg, S4 has it's moments.