Current Virus Warning!

bluepearl

CAUTION! Please forward to all Internet users! It is currently circulating a PowerPoint presentation titled "The Life is beautiful", "Das Leben ist wunderschön", "La vida es bella".Please DO NOT open this case. Please delete it immediately.After opening the mail the text :"It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful" is showing ("Ahora it tarde, su vida no es mas bella"). After that all data disappears from your PC, and the person who has sent you this Mail, has access to all your informations, mailboxes and passwords. This is the latest virus news since Saturday night (04/Feb./2012). No anti-virus program is able to destroy this virus at the moment. A hacker called "Life Owner" has introduced it and wants to destroy as many PCs as possible. (Sorry for my bumpy english....)

Well it is always a good idea never to open a ppt (or any for that matter) file from anyone you do not know, but in this particular case, this is a well known hoax going back to 2002. http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/lifeisbeautiful.asphttp://www.symantec.com/security_response/print_writeup.jsp?docid=2002-011511-0444-99

OH NO !!!:eek:I can't believe....So sorry, but these warning has been published today by a German Police Department...:rolleyes::birdie:No more words needed! :evil::thumbsdown::evil:@Sonny-BurnettThanks for the links to clarify! :clap::thumbsup:

German Police Department...:rolleyes::birdie:No more words needed! :evil::thumbsdown::evil:@Sonny-BurnettThanks for the links to clarify! :clap::thumbsup:

No worries. I know you were just trying to help others.

• Administrators

In any event they should hunt down these kinds of hackers and terminate them with extreme prejudice!I got a virus a few months ago and spent days working on getting that thing off my computer. The people that create these things don't need to live in my opinion. :evil:

In any event they should hunt down these kinds of hackers and terminate them with extreme prejudice!I got a virus a few months ago and spent days working on getting that thing off my computer. The people that create these things don't need to live in my opinion. :evil:

Yeah these hoaxes are nuisances and just propagate fear. I know where you're coming from on viruses as I had a few nasty infections in the past as well. In one case I had to rebuild the registry which was time consuming. I like the extreme prejudice approach as well. :pI have found that after upgrading to Windows 7, I have fewer problems, and I installed Norton Security Suite as my active anti-malware program and it is very effective. But I also added two passive programs, namely the free versions of Malwarebytes (MBAM) and Superantispyware and I run them typically biweekly. They have helped remove some nasty bugs that my active programs have missed in the past. I had my Aunt install both recently and MBAM removed some 900 instances of malware on her older laptop and now it runs much better.

Viruses are a systematic problem. If you want to be immune... you'll have to use Linux. It's not because it's better, It's because Linux is open source and in open sources you'll hardly find any undisclosed security leaks, regardless of the efforts, MS puts into the development of Windows.Of course, using Linux sometimes isn't as comfortable as getting a ready to use computer with bill gates software on it. But the question of using using Linux is way more than just a question of faith.Btw.: Hackers don't create viruses.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_ethic

@bluepearl,at least thanks for the heads up on this one:thumbsup:.Even though it was a joke.Don't people have anything better to do,I guess not.Some :evil: people out there.