Sonny's Jacket

MiCrockett

Yo everyone, I'm new in here forum and I bought this Miami Vice first season DVD few days ago. So the first question is about Sonny's white jacket.I saw one little scene from youtube but I don't have any clue what's name of that epsiode. So in that scene Sonny carry the bag to the Ferrari and he saw that Tubbs comes by taxi. So did anyone know what kind of jacket Sonny have or whats the brand of that white jacket? But that is sure that jacket is not type of sport coat, it was more slack type.

The scene is from the very last scene in Miami Vice, last episode, last season. The episode is titled "Freefall"You can look up pictures in the Glossary section. I can't help you on a brand, but it'd be hard to find something like it anymore. Wait a while till the style resurfaces, maybe not very long.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Cooper&Burnett will be along soon to answer this. He most likely has the original jacket that was worn in the ep. Freefall. Check out his section on original MV clothes and other props. :thumbsup:Click ---> here

This "JACKET" is not really a jacket, but a windbreaker. It is 100% silk, and extremely, extremely light weight.Lots of companies made this style of "baseball" style windbreaker. I don't own the actual physical jacket that he wore, but I own about 10 like it, only in different colors like dark blue, black and grey. They are not exclusive, and this style all pretty much look alike dispite whomever actually made this particular garment.This style of windbreaker was made in the late 80's and the early 90's.The most common maker of this jacket was ROBERT STOCK. Robert Stock made millions of these cheaply, as he was an innovator in the use of silk in clothing. They bought lots of silk in order to buy it cheaply. He recognized that silk, considered a luxury fabric, could be sourced and manufactured in the Far East at a cheaper price than previously thought. By adding this luxury line, Stock offered consumers value at an affordable price, referred to in the market as "perceived value." Hope that helps. I sure enjoy my silk windbreakers! :thumbsup:-COOP

Haha' date=' great knowledge :thumbsup:Thanks for this great clarification :)[/quote']You know me, ...I'm just glad to help. :thumbsup:

nah that's alright guys chances are some place around here has them, Honestly I havent looked for anything like it as I had no idea that it was something that was still being made and affordableand white really isnt my color, I usually by definition go for a black or a navy blue of some sort with a black undershirt as while bright colors looked great on Don they dont work on me as I've got a pale complexion, I might wanna try a grey of some sort actually.hell I used to wear a dark blue overcoat and black T shirt along with black jeans that looked pretty close to Sonny's getup in shadow in the dark during the testarossa scene for that episode, switched over to an I zod blaser instead though as it doesnt really fit too well now plus it looked abit more casual that way.