Phil the Shill outro music...

Barrel69

Did anyone noticed that a Phil Collins tune is used instead of the usual Jan Hammer outro ?Is this the only episode who has this ?Just wondering .....I really think that Phil looks a clown in this episode but I did not like him anyway ....

• Administrators

The very first broadcast of "Calderone's Demise" ended with Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It" playing as the credits rolled. "Freefall" also ended with Terry Kath's "Tell Me"

What Ferrariman said...:D I always liked the episode for a lot of reasons. I like Phil Collins since it seemed like he was always a part of the show; they used his song in the pilot episode to great effect. I hated that they never brought his character back later in the season in some capacity. Getting to see Izzy (and Manny...haha) decorate his place and such was fun. I always liked to see parties on the show with C&T going undercover, and seeing the team of Switek and Zito was great too. Oh and the repeated use of a certain word on the episode always makes me laugh.

Did anyone noticed that a Phil Collins tune is used instead of the usual Jan Hammer outro ?Is this the only episode who has this ?Just wondering .....I really think that Phil looks a clown in this episode but I did not like him anyway ....

"LIFE IS A RAT RACE" was recorded just for MIAMI VICE' date=' but requests for a new, full song for that episode (like Glen Frey's "YOU BELONG TO THE CITY") had to be rejected, as it couldn't be fit into Phil's schedule to make a new song. Life is a Rat Race would have made a good song had it actually been made, and not the little bit we do hear. The song is actually based on a real phil collins song, "THE MAN WITH THE HORN" which was a "B" side song on 45 records, and 12" extended singles. I'm one of the many who like Phil Collins, like his music, and his character in the episode. "Life is a Rat Race, Chasing easy money, life is a rat race chasing your tail. Life is a rat race, in the land of milk and honey, running a rat race, you never fail. Easy money's gonna come your way baby, easy money's gonna break your heart......."I like Phil Collins, and his musical contibutions used in MIAMI VICE. CLASSIC!