Original Miami Vice watch *rare* ? idetification needed

eXistenZ

So,I was lucky enough to geld hold of this watch.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5534[/ATTACH]As you can see it is an original watch from the official MV merchandise. It shows no signs of usage, almost perfect condition. I'd like to know more about this watch and how rare it really is. I know there are different MV watches around, but I have never come across this one.Any help appreciated.

5531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5534[/ATTACH]As you can see it is an original watch from the official MV merchandise. It shows no signs of usage, almost perfect condition. I'd like to know more about this watch and how rare it really is. I know there are different MV watches around, but I have never come across this one.Any help appreciated.

VERY cool watch! :clap: Wouldn't mind owning it myself!I'm thinking it's not official MIAMI VICE merchandise, for two reasons.1. Usually, official merchandise would have the trade mark next to the logo , and a copyright logo ©.2. They also want you to know it's official by showing that it's from Universal, such as "COPYRIGHT UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS 1988 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED". Here's a typical example of what should be engraved, or printed on it.Eingefügtes BildWithout these two key things, I'd say it's a very, VERY cool aftermarket item.VERY COOL!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:

Thanks for clarification COOP. They coolest gadget is the clock face, which is actually a mirror. :DSo there is still the question when the watch was made and it's story behind it. I will contact the seller to get more information on this one. I'll let you know.

That is a cool watch! :thumbsup:From my Vice collection, I have a white MV shirt that says: *TM and © 1984 Universal City Studios, Inc.So I guess that it's one of the first production of MV shirts made and that's cool. :cool:

5531[/ATTACH]As you can see it is an original watch from the official MV merchandise. It shows no signs of usage, almost perfect condition. I'd like to know more about this watch and how rare it really is. I know there are different MV watches around, but I have never come across this one.Any help appreciated.

Cool watch, accented by the black band, and looks almost new as well. Nice find, official merchandise or not. Don't think I've seen it for sale before either.

I contacted the seller, but he couldn't tell me anything about this watch. Tomorrow I will check a jeweller's shop to find out more. Maybe they can check it's uncertain origin. The must be some serial number etc. under the clock face.

Back from the jeweller's shop.The clockwork was made in France, apparently in the 80's. The clockwork used here was produced from the late 70's until the late 90's. It is not the cheapest kind of production, but not the best either. The jeweller told me that it is probably an advertising gift.But as long as no one cann tell where or when it was given away, it will remain a rare collectors item.

• 2 weeks later...

5531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5534[/ATTACH]As you can see it is an original watch from the official MV merchandise. It shows no signs of usage, almost perfect condition. I'd like to know more about this watch and how rare it really is. I know there are different MV watches around, but I have never come across this one.Any help appreciated.

Great item:D

Well my heart skipped a beat last week! I was wearing my Rolex Day-date Oyster and a steel bar slipped and fell on my wrist from a couple of feet up and hit the watch face directly!I could't believe it but nothing happened to the watch crystal at all...not even a scratch! Tough watch, however the little gold marker for the one o'clock and 4o'clock was jared loose and were floating around inside the watch crystal.I took it to a watch maker right away as I didn't want the two gold slashes to fall into the date or day slots and jam up the watch. I get it back from the repair guy next week!I need another watch to wear on a daily basis as I don't want to damamge my Rolex!I have to check some flea markets and stuff and maybe find a watch like this one posted.I like it!

I like it!

"Takes a lick'in and keeps on tick'in!"Hope you remembered to use the "hacking" feature to stop the hands from moving causing any damage. Man.....gotta love them Rolex watches! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What's a "hacking" feature Coop?

Saaaaay WHAT?????!!!!:eek: Doesn't your Rolex have the hacking feature?The hacking feature is when you pull out the winding crown to its last position to stop the second's hand. This is not to be confused with the "quickset" feature, which is changing the DATE by the crown "in an instant".ROLEX RULES! :thumbsup:

Oh ok....I never heard of that term but yes...mine does that!Just checked the jewler today and he says next week for pickup.Sucks not having a watch.................