Miami Nights 1984

Barrel69

Holy crap, he has a new album out? Thanks! I bought his last one also, that was only like a year ago. He calls his genre of music "Outrun" or "Dreamwave."

I saw a download-link on newalbumreleases and searched it and found his bandcamp, after a quick listen bought both albums. I must admit that some tracks did let me put the volume very much up !!!

Interesting!I never saw this back in the mid 80's???Glad it's still around to hear, sounds interesting and I might even buy it...

What the hell is this?! It's awesome! The name of the band is Miami Nights '84?Does anyone know how long they've been around, or any of their history? It's very good and makes me want to purchase a synth.

It's a one man band. A synth player from Vancouver, BC, Canada. He's been around for over 2 years under the name Miami Nights 1984. It's all new stuff.

• 3 years later...

I don't know if you any of you noticed back then when this thread was first posted, but someone video edited Miami Vice clips into the artist's song "New Tomorrow":

Seeing this clip, teases of what an updated reboot could do.  The song still clearly has the reminscining feel and inspiration of 80s synth music, but it still has that an modern EDM edge to it to not make it seem solely a nostalgia trip.  If the pastel color schemes were maintained, but with updated clothes, hairstyles, and technology (of course)... it could work...

Edited by Vice Immersion
  • Like 1

I don't know if you any of you noticed back then when this thread was first posted, but someone video edited Miami Vice clips into the artist's song "New Tomorrow":

Seeing this clip, teases of what an updated reboot could do.  The song still clearly has the reminscining feel and inspiration of 80s synth music, but it still has that an modern EDM edge to it to not make it seem solely a nostalgia trip.  If the pastel color schemes were maintained, but with updated clothes, hairstyles, and technology (of course)... it could work...

Notice how all the clips are only from Seasons 1 and 2?

• Like 1

No joke, I've watched that video at least 100 times. MN84 is one of the leading artists in the new-retrowave genre. There are so many fan made Miami Vice music videos with this music set to it, and this will always be my favorite one.

Notice how all the clips are only from Seasons 1 and 2?

Yeah.... :)   You can tell with Mann's style that he wanted to give the viewer a rich atmosphere of emotions in showing the tropical landscapes, the actors facial reactions (especially the subtle movements), the sweeping camera angles, which all work wonderfully well for the ambiance of the song.

• Like 1

That's because when Michael Mann left, Wolf step in and ruined magic vibe of Miami Vice. Seasons 3&4 are good, but Seasons 1&2 are way better. The quintessential of Miami Vice :)

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2