Firearm Sound Effects

breathairian

Anyone noticed that when Crockett fires his automatic, the accompanying sound effect is that of a more powerful gun? For me it brings to mind Dirty Harry's .357 Magnum. i'm no gun-obsessive but I find this really distracting during the gun battle scenes, and it's a shame because otherwise the show is so well-produced.

Anyone noticed that when Crockett fires his automatic' date=' the accompanying sound effect is that of a more powerful gun? For me it brings to mind Dirty Harry's .357 Magnum. i'm no gun-obsessive but I find this really distracting during the gun battle scenes, and it's a shame because otherwise the show is so well-produced.[/quote']I suppose it's done because the microphones can't accurately pick up the real sound the right way. The do a lot of dubbing in the sound room. Crockett's Daytona is dubbed with a Ferrari's v-12 sound. Sometimes they over dub lines that didn't pick up well on the mic.I suppose your right, they may add a powerful sound to his gun to make it sound more impressive, and more dramatic.

Not as distracting as Tubb's 7-8 shot 38 caliber snub nose!:D:clap:

AMAZING how many bullets that little gun can hold!