Miami Vice in HD

BATMAN

Though we are the world's largest "Miami Vice" community' date=' I'm sure we are a very small cog in the big machine that handles advertising for such a project. Miami Vice may be a big deal to us but to most people it's just an old TV show. To most people it probably means about as much as an HD release of "The Jeffersons" means to us.No offense to fans of "The Jeffersons"[/quote']:D:thumbsup::D

Whatever happened to good conduct. The reason why Universal gave different seasons to different post production houses is most likely so they can monitor each one. You're on season 5 and the other post production houses are probably doing the rest .

Different post houses have different responsibilities: some specialize in titles, some in transferring formats, some handle sound only, some do special fx (not the case here, I presume).It's pretty remarkable how much goes into getting a show done these days, especially hour long action-dramas. There would be some headaches involved converting a 25 year old series, which I think is the case here.

Different post houses have different responsibilities: some specialize in titles' date=' some in transferring formats, some handle sound only, some do special fx (not the case here, I presume).It's pretty remarkable how much goes into getting a show done these days, especially hour long action-dramas. There would be some headaches involved converting a 25 year old series, which I think is the case here.[/quote']very tricky - but surely this biggest obstacle was the 2004- 2007 dvd releases of the show including the music rights - they must have been the biggest headache and cost for Universal :D

Guest MetroVice

At least we have the standard boxed set if nothing else . . .Although it would surely be great to have Vice released in an HD boxed set, I'm just thankful to have my up-scaled boxed set of all five seasons :happy:It could certainly be worse, as they could have skipped over Vice when deciding which shows to release on DVD. But I think just about everything has been released on DVD anyway. Funny thing is Miami Vice is the one and only television show I've ever bought on DVD. But this show will always have a special place in my heart since I live and worked where it was filmed and used to see them filming on a regular basis back in the day. Plus, the 1980's was probably the very *best* decade of my life :thumbsup:

:Dwhy do people do thatIm sure we will see a Season 1 Blu ray release in next 2-3 years anyway:D

In 3 years, blue ray probably will be dead.

If it's true, this is both very good and very bad news.Good because it will be great to see, especially if they do a good job of it.Bad because it means I'll have to buy the whole series all over again!

• Administrators

Not to go off topic here but this is a perfect opportunity for a good trivia question. What was the 1st TV show offered for sale as a full season box set?

Not to go off topic here but this is a perfect opportunity for a good trivia question. What was the 1st TV show offered for sale as a full season box set?

hmm good question:D

• Administrators

Ok, the very first complete season set on DVD was season 1 of "The X-Files" ...now back to our regularly scheduled topic

Ok' date=' the very first complete season set on DVD was season 1 of "The X-Files" ...now back to our regularly scheduled topic[/quote']:thumbsup::D

• 2 weeks later...

I would so like to see Miami Vice HD and knowing everything (really everything boring or not...) is being sold on Blu-Ray I don't know why it shouldn't be happening. I bought the complete DVD box set, but at least for the german version I see room for major improvements. The Stereo sounds dull in comparison with the English Stereo. And of course the box set is cut. C'mon you can't sell a "fan box" cut only. A greater image quality is always welcomed, especially on big flatscreens.

I really hope that this is true. It would be mind blowing to see this series in full HD glory. But even if they're working on it at the moment, it doesn't mean that the Blu-ray will be released any time soon. Hopefully I'm wrong, but for example CSI season 1 was released back in 2009 and there still isn't word about season 2 (same thing with The Sopranos).

Did we decide that a standalone music track probably won't happen (if an HD release is genuinely in the works)? Because that'd be a real shame...

Did we decide that a standalone music track probably won't happen (if an HD release is genuinely in the works)? Because that'd be a real shame...

I would say a standalone music track is doubtful but hopefully will happen :thumbsup::D

• 7 months later...

I would be very surprised if there is not an announcement this year regarding the blu-ray release. Just not sure if it's on their calendar for this year or next. It's a mammoth job. Will post more info soon.BATMAN

So the year 2012 is almost over and we didn't have any announcement of this Blu-ray release if I'm right? I'm posting this because I just found this topic and I'm really, really excited about the Blu-ray release. I'm praying Universal will release this in couple years.

• Administrators

Well, the Batman's last post was back in April so...... I wouldn't hold my breathThen again I remember praying for a DVD release of Vice that I thought would never happen and....

Blu-ray would be awesome, I'm just not sure how feasible it is. Old movies are easily transferred to Blu-ray because they were always filmed in far higher definition than was possible to show on VHS or DVD, just because cinema screens have always been huge. But old TV shows were never filmed for that, they were filmed for crappy old low-def analogue TVs and no more, so I doubt it'd be possible to really HD the image.Anyone know of any old shows that have been Blu-ray'd, just to prove me wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

The clips from the 2006 broadcast of the pilot blow my mind..it looks so good...especially the intro with tubbs running through the new york streets.. it looks like it could have been filmed yesterday.Michael mann is a big fan of technology so maybe some fans should write him and say we want to see VICE in HD..The only problem is the crazy guy will spend every second of the day obssessing over every single frame.. whilst in the meantime he could be making more awesome movies.

• 1 month later...