Hunter

cageyJG

Ok, going to take a tack I normally don't: criticism instead of praise. Did anyone honestly like the '80s show Hunter? Man, back in the day, getting barely 3 channels, and having to watch Fred Dryer run around in that camel sportscoat with the elbow pads - I thought that show sucked! Nothing else on! I think I'd do homework while watching. Maybe. But that Stefanie Kramer, Italiana? Greca? She was no Gina, but she was :thumbsup:Anyway, crappy theme song, but they had fixed it a little by season 6. Was Fred Dryer a former football player? Anyway, meh and bleh! I wonder if Fred Dryer will be reincarnated as a shoulder pad. But hey, I'm open-minded. Someone tell me to pack sand and defend this show!

• Administrators

I watched it on occassion back in the day (mostly for his partner :thumbsup:) It's simply one of those shows that hasn't stood the test of time.

If I recall correctly, this was supposed to be a "Dirty Harry comes to TV" type show. I have never seen a single episode. Mill Creek, a budget DVD re-issue house known for their ridiculously cheap sets is selling the complete series for something like 30 bucks. So you're saying it's not worth it? (BTW, interesting side note -- To keep costs down, Mill Creek is also known or their shoddy packaging. Their complete series sets consists of each DVD in a paper sleeve, then all those tossed into a plastic box. They are packed so tight, once you open the box you can never get it closed again.)

I think the pair of cops have faded into obscurity, not a peep out of either.Hadn't heard of Mill Creek, any clips?Interesting observation - I can see NBC trying to duplicate a Dirty Harry clone and accepting sub-mediocrity.On Hunter, I did like the cast member Charles Callahan (R.I.P.), to me he resembled a relative type guy that never left a dock somewhere in Florida.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5623[/ATTACH]

post-30-13892964257483_thumb.jpg

If I recall correctly, this was supposed to be a "Dirty Harry comes to TV" type show.

That's what I recall as well as Dryer was an imposing figure, taller than Eastwood as I recall and he had been an NFL defensive end, I think, for some years before acting. So a very big guy. Kind of a tough guy in the show and partnered with a fairly hot partner in Stephanie Kramer as Dee Dee McCall. I tuned in mainly becuase of her from time to time. Show was just 'OK' and not one I followed or watched often. It did have a pretty long run though, as I recall.