New Total Recall movie remake?Why?

Victor

I just saw new trailer to the movie Total Recall (1990) with Arnold Schwarzenegger.in the new movie I figure that the story line is almost the same only new spec. effects and Colin Farrel as the main character.So I wonder...WHY? maybe some one have a clue...

hi victor , ia m a fan of germany community, i know the movie "Total Recall ":clap::thumbsup: i remamber me good about the movie .but a remake know not yet. sorry my english is not so good.

Exactly......WHY?Because Hollywood has lost all it's originality and have to consort to old ideas to make new movies. No original thinking anymore..................

Why? Because people will see it regardless.I thought the original was.....well, Original. Arnold did a great job, and the music score by JERRY GOLDSMITH was the most intense action score I've ever heard. Certainly, the original film can't be topped, even with today's advanced effects.This film would be ultra cool.................if it came out first.Gee, I wonder what happens? Gee, I wonder what the story line is? Gee, I wonder how it ends?Hell, just release the original in 3-D, make your millions, and be done with it.

• Administrators

Exactly......WHY?Because Hollywood has lost all it's originality and have to consort to old ideas to make new movies. No original thinking anymore..................

You beat me to it pal! :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of older action movies from the 80's and the 90's so wondered what new can be added to this classic movie.

I just saw new trailer to the movie Total Recall (1990) with Arnold Schwarzenegger.in the new movie I figure that the story line is almost the same only new spec. effects and Colin Farrel as the main character.So I wonder...WHY? maybe some one have a clue...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GljhR5rk5eY

Very nice movie:D

• Administrators

I'm dreading the day they decide to remake "Blade Runner"!

I'm dreading the day they decide to remake "Blade Runner"!

That is NEVER to be touched....The directors cut was the final print and well done indeedYou can't fix perfection......................

• Administrators

No you can't fix perfection but you can add to it. Seems Ridley is onboard with another "Blade Runner" movie. The question is, will it be a sequel or a prequel? We can pretty much forget about Harrison Ford. They had such a bad relation during the first movie, I highly doubt he'll ever sign up again!

Why? I think Hollywood is having its revenge for all the piracy and copies going on the internet... it's their way of saying 'you like to copy? So do we!'.One thing that struck me though, they must have assigned Collin Farrel as their 'remake' agent. Miami Vice, Fright Night and now Total Recall???