CROCKETT'S SUNGLASSES! COMPLETE SET!

COOPER&BURNETT

Nice colors in that pic. It has that Vice vibe color wise. Early Vice' date=' season one. Great display.[/quote']Thanks. It holds a special place in the VICE MUSEUM room. :thumbsup:

While we're on topic, I have a a few questions. How easy is it to get the Carerra's? How about the Alpina's? I don't know much about those. Are they still available?Also, are the Revo 840's the same as the Grand Sixties? I've heard the 840's referred to as Revo sixties long before Revo released the 'grand sixties' last year. They sure look similar...http://www.revo.com/#/models/38-grand-sixtiestmAlso, how much wider are the 69218's than the Wayfarers? I've read so many times that the Persol 69218 Ratti's are wide sunglasses, but no measurements to back it up.And... the forward rake on the screen used Wayfarers, is it more slanted than the store bought models?And... How cool is it to have your choice, any day of the week, of which pair to wear? I have jacket related questions, but I'll save those for a different topic.

http://www.revo.com/#/models/38-grand-sixtiestmAlso, how much wider are the 69218's than the Wayfarers? I've read so many times that the Persol 69218 Ratti's are wide sunglasses, but no measurements to back it up.And... the forward rake on the screen used Wayfarers, is it more slanted than the store bought models?And... How cool is it to have your choice, any day of the week, of which pair to wear? I have jacket related questions, but I'll save those for a different topic.

The CARRERAs are not too uncommon, and you can still find them. The Alpina are rare, and if you do find the right ones from the 80s, you will pay dearly for them. They are very expensive.The Revos in the picture you provided are different in that it's still not the 80's design, as the temples have a different logo, and the lenses are polarized, which the 80's version isn't.The Persols sizes can be found in my thread below.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1369-MIAMI-VICE-SUNGLASSES-MAKES-STYLES-amp-IDENTIFICATIONSThe forward rake of the screen used versions are not as raked as a regular Wayfarer if I remember correctly, but a bit flatter without the rake if memory serves me correctly. Most likely to reduce reflection glare.How cool is it to have a choice of all these glasses? ULTRA COOL!! I can pick and choose the same shades Crockett wore, and pair it with the clothes correctly!It's quite simply a dream of which I don't wish to wake from. :thumbsup:

So, numbers forgotten, if i buy an original wayfarer made today (and not the NEW wayfarer), this is the closest model to Crockett´s original 5022, right? Not being exactly a 5022 model (maybe a new code), the so-called ORIGINAL its the "right" model for Crockett´s sunglasses made today, huh?

So' date=' numbers forgotten, if i buy an original wayfarer made today (and not the NEW wayfarer), this is the closest model to Crockett´s original 5022, right? Not being exactly a 5022 model (maybe a new code), the so-called ORIGINAL its the "right" model for Crockett´s sunglasses made today, huh?[/quote']The Ray-Ban 2140's, Model 954, are Light Tortoise, with brown B-15 XLT lenses. However, the lenses are not G-15 XLT. It's about as close as you can get to the 1980's 5022 Models, but you will have to change out the lenses to the G-15 grey green lenses.Click belowhttp://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/rb2140/954These are called "original wayfarer" or "classic wayfarer". I don't think "NEW wayfarer" is what your looking for.The tortoise, and the light tortoise are two different shades. The darker tortoise ( RB2140 902) is the one I have. Crockett actually wore the light tortoise (in the 80's there were either black or tortoise, there wasn't a dark, or light tortoise, just "tortoise").Make sure when you order that you order the correct lense size for your face. I wear the medium lense size (50mm) which is the same as Don Johnson wore on vice.Hope this helps!

Thx pal! I think i prefer the dark tortoise one. I dont know if I like brown lenses.

Yep' date=' the dark tortiose versions are the one's I wear every single day! (I have the light tortoiose versions too, but I don't care for the brown lenses, and have not had the lenses replaced as of yet) I bet you'll love your new pair of wayfarers when you get them, they are Ferrariman, and Coop approved! :thumbsup:Please take some time and read through this thread.[url']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15200-NEW!-80-S-WAYFARERS-ARE-BACK!It will answer many of your questions.

I went to downtown yesterday, and i saw the sunglasses.I found one light tortoise at a good price, but i have to agree, the dark tortoise kicks ass. I dont know, brown lenses for my personal taste is kinda kitsch. And the light brown color too. The dark is much more classy. If i found the light one by R$ 474, local money, i found the 902 from R$ 520, up to R$ 763 bucks.:eek::pMaybe next week, dividing in 2 or 3 times the price lol :)You see...Miami Vice still sells sunglasses even more than 25 years later...Thx Coop.

I went to downtown yesterday' date=' and i saw the sunglasses.I found one light tortoise at a good price, but i have to agree, the dark tortoise kicks ass. I dont know, brown lenses for my personal taste is kinda kitsch. And the light brown color too. The dark is much more classy. If i found the light one by R$ 474, local money, i found the 902 from R$ 520, up to R$ 763 bucks.:eek::pMaybe next week, dividing in 2 or 3 times the price lol :)You see...Miami Vice still sells sunglasses even more than 25 years later...Thx Coop.[/quote']Your most certainly welcome!Make sure you try on a different lens size or two to make sure which size you like the best, and which one looks best on your face.Mr. Calderon, when you get the Wayfarers.....any chance for a picture of you wearing them? (You don't have to if you don't want to.)

Your most certainly welcome!Make sure you try on a different lens size or two to make sure which size you like the best' date=' and which one looks best on your face.Mr. Calderon, when you get the Wayfarers.....any chance for a picture of you wearing them? (You don't have to if you don't want to.)[/quote']Im not so sure....since someone created Photoshop time ago, and since i have many enemies out there, a picture of mine sold to these photoshoper bad guys, for sure would pay half of your Miami Vice collection.... Not that im thinking you would sell it ...LOL--- Update ----Hey Coop! I bought the 902 today! Thx for your help! :)

--- Update ----Hey Coop! I bought the 902 today! Thx for your help! :)

I'm Always honored to help you!These wayfarers are Ferrariman approved, and Coop approved....Are they Mr. Calderon approved?!

I'm a total dunce with sunglasses. Just bought these Tortoiseshell Ray-Ban Wayfarer 2 Sunglasses Bausch & Lomb with Case. Are these anywhere near accurate to crockett's sunnies in season 1 and 2?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6508[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6509[/ATTACH]

post-10809-13892964748791_thumb.jpg

post-10809-13892964749246_thumb.jpg

I'm a total dunce with sunglasses. Just bought these Tortoiseshell Ray-Ban Wayfarer 2 Sunglasses Bausch & Lomb with Case. Are these anywhere near accurate to crockett's sunnies in season 1 and 2?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6508[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6509[/ATTACH]

Check page 11 at this thread. Coop explains everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I really interested in getting a pair of sunglasses similar to crockett's but don't know which ones are the best. Any of you can help me out?

I really interested in getting a pair of sunglasses similar to crockett's but don't know which ones are the best. Any of you can help me out?
Well' date=' reading this thread should answer all the questions that have been asked, and answered. :thumbsup:[url']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15200-NEW!-80-S-WAYFARERS-ARE-BACK!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have finally got a pair today, thanks to this thread. Initally I bought a pair of Wayfarer 2! But now I have the real deal 50mm B&L 5022 green lenses. Only £52 incl. P&P on ebay too.Now if I can skip a month's mortgage I'll be getting me some Persols next :eek:

• 2 years later...

WOAH !!!!! :thumbsup::clap:

Great - also NEW to me.

Thank you so much for putting up again Coop.

:D That is a hell of a collection. :D

Also impressing how much the new camera with you and the Miami Vice screen in the background lift up the special with this image and collectible to a 10.

I think this will be that one at the top with your tower in action:

21596830na.jpg

you know looking at them it makes me wonder why Crockett didnt wear Arnies Glasses from the first terminator film and the sunglasses from Sudden Impact, the Gargoyles ANSI classic, as they would have fit in with the general style of the carrera's