CROCKETT'S SUNGLASSES! COMPLETE SET!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Then I guess it was a good idea to label them! :D

Yep. I played the fool for all our newer members. Yeah, that's the ticket. It was all for them! Thank's my job's done here.;)

Yep. I played the fool for all our newer members. Yeah' date=' that's the ticket. It was all for them! Thank's my job's done here.;)[/quote']:)Don't forget to check out the reciently revamped Sunglasses thread. Click below:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1369-MIAMI-VICE-SUNGLASSES-MAKES-STYLES-amp-IDENTIFICATIONS

I hate to ask this lol but what about the others' date=' did they have there own personal styles per season like Crockett?[/quote']Well, I never really looked into that, but I know I only saw Castillo wear the black framed Wayfarers. Tubbs wore different styles, including at least two or three styles of Carrera. For the others, I don't know.

Well' date=' I never really looked into that, but I know I only saw Castillo wear the black framed Wayfarers. Tubbs wore different styles, including at least two or three styles of Carrera. For the others, I don't know.[/quote'] hmm I'll keep an eye out for it then, but come to think about it I think it was pretty consistant through the 5 seasons with most of them.

hmm I'll keep an eye out for it then' date=' but come to think about it I think it was pretty consistant through the 5 seasons with most of them.[/quote']Switek and Zito didn't wear sunglasses too often. They did wear them from time to time, but not all that often. Gina and Trudy wore different sunglasses depending on what they were wearing.

hmm gotta wonder if it was their own sunglasses actually as Talbot did actually own that 61' T bird after all.

Nah. They would have been supplied them thru the wardrobe dept. Talbott didn't own the car during the series, he bought it when the series wrapped.

I was hoping that my display case would show up today, but it didn't, so I may have to wait two days to pick it up at the post office. Bummer.

Thanks for the pictures Coop! I am thankful that you gave such detailed information about each one. I had a brand new pair of the season one Wayfarers back in the 80s. I was in high school, and took them to Myrtle Beach with me during my tenth grade trip with some friends (around 1988). Unfortunately, my glasses were stolen. To this day, I regret not keeping a better eye on them. Sorry for the bad pun, but this is a true story. They were expensive for a high school kid like me too; I want to think I paid maybe fifty or more dollars for them. I am determined to find another pair. Thanks again Coop!

Thanks for the pictures Coop! I am thankful that you gave such detailed information about each one. I had a brand new pair of the season one Wayfarers back in the 80s. I was in high school' date=' and took them to Myrtle Beach with me during my tenth grade trip with some friends (around 1988). Unfortunately, my glasses were stolen. To this day, I regret not keeping a better eye on them. Sorry for the bad pun, but this is a true story. They were expensive for a high school kid like me too; I want to think I paid maybe fifty or more dollars for them. I am determined to find another pair. Thanks again Coop![/quote']Thanks for the story Pal. I like stories about people's sunglasses from the 80s. I too had wayfarers when I was in high school (yes, because of MIAMI VICE).In 1985-86, they cost $42.00. And yes, for a kid in High School in the 80's, that was very expensive! I wonder what that would be like in today's dollars? $90? $100?

Man' date=' I love this collection. Still looking for the Persols though hahah:cool:[/quote']Yeah, the black framed Persols are what everyone wants, and they are extremely expensive. Finding a black framed Persol that is new old stock, like mine, will bring a major premium. They are so hard to find.I'm thrilled you like my collection, thanks! :thumbsup:

I put most of my sunglasses in the case to protect them. It holds up to 24 pairs of sunglasses, so I can buy more.It holds 6 pair on each of the four sides. I purposely chose this display case because it displays all six of Crockett's sunglasses on one side, great way to show 'em off!It really can't be seen in the photos, but on the top is a clear attachment that can hold a double sided mirror that came supplied with the case. I've elected not to add this item for display purposes.The base sits on an attached turntable that allows the case to be able to rotate 360 degrees! Eingefügtes Bild

Here's what it looks like empty. There is a lock and keys on the side to make sure those who visit "VICELAND", won't touch the sunglasses!Eingefügtes Bild

Wow so cool COOP!:thumbsup:This case really hits the eye. Is is naturally from a glasses store?Man, VICELAND gets more and more attractions!;)

"Welcome to Viceland, we hope that you enjoy your visit. Please be advised that all exhibits are protected by teenage mutant ninja squirrels; if you touch anything it will confirm that you are nuts and... well we all know what happens to nuts when squirrels are around - you have been warned"I just hope that Viceland is nothing like the Rimmer Experience in Red Dwarf!http://youtu.be/py3u3P9OpBE

It'll NEVER bee anything like Red Dwarf! I'm nuts, but not THAT nuts.Morgana, I luv ya!!! :happy::happy:

Wow so cool COOP!:thumbsup:This case really hits the eye. Is is naturally from a glasses store?Man' date=' VICELAND gets more and more attractions!;)[/quote']This case was actually meant for displaying sunglasses in a store, yes. It was not intended for public use. I just think the displays in stores always make things look so much better, that I decided to tap into that market, and buy store displays for my items. :thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild