Back on The MV!!!!!!!!

Tonysmallz

Hi Everyoneits been a while but last night i cracked out the MV boxset and started her upgot up to and finished heart of Darkness it feels good to be sitting relaxing with some MV i have been watching, the shield, Sons of anarchy, SVU and others but nothing and i mean nothing can beat MV...hope everyone is doing ok, gotta say whats up to coop possibly the coolest cat in the MV game today....

hope everyone is doing ok' date=' gotta say whats up to coop possibly the coolest cat in the MV game today....[/quote']What's up bro! I missed ya man.I'm still obsessed with MIAMI VICE, and am always looking to add to my VICE collection, and I watch MIAMI VICE all the time. It's what I think about when I get up, and when I go to bed.I BLEED PASTEL!Welcome back buddy! :clap:-COOP

Same situation here!Rainy lousy weather has forcedme indoors so I broke out the dvd's after a year of sitting idle and watched seasons 3,4&5 over a two and a half day stretch,(nothing else to do)I found season 3 & 4 great but season five was a bit pretentious and the acting was awful. The story lines were weaker than I remembered and I really laughed at the "grunge look" of Don's wardrobe! hahahahahahahaha. Brought back some memories that I would rather forget.I enjoyed most of the episodes however the fact I like the "Burnett trilogy" so much as the story line was interesting, I found "Elgato" to be one of the worst charachters ever!Still it was a great way to spend a rainy day...................

Yeah, it's always fun to re-watch MIAMI VICE episodes that you haven't seen for a while. I get that great feeling of feeling like being somehow transported back to the 80's where life was the best! :thumbsup:I LOVE MIAMI VICE!

Yeah' date=' it's always fun to re-watch MIAMI VICE episodes that you haven't seen for a while. I get that great feeling of feeling like being somehow transported back to the 80's where life was the best! :thumbsup:I LOVE MIAMI VICE![/quote']Agree with all you've said here. If there's seven nights in a week, I usually end five of those nights by watching an episode of Vice. Jan Hammer's music, the fashion, the cars...It's the best part of my day. Any time I get to spend in the '80s is the best time.

hallo and welcome, i find all seasons great, especially from season 2 the episode " Out Where The Buses Don't Run ":thumbsup::cool::clap:

ahh its good to be back every one, its a great place to chat MVil try to get around and post more i have made some more great MV wallpapers and stuff, i have just been really busy..

Yeah' date=' it's always fun to re-watch MIAMI VICE episodes that you haven't seen for a while. I get that great feeling of feeling like being somehow transported back to the 80's where life was the best! :thumbsup:I LOVE MIAMI VICE![/quote']Big hair, cool clothes, cool cars, the beach...What else can you ask for?I would love to re-live the eighties for real!Unfortunately the closest I can get is MV...until someone invents a time machine:thumbsup:

Big hair' date=' cool clothes, cool cars, the beach...What else can you ask for?I would love to re-live the eighties for real!Unfortunately the closest I can get is MV...until someone invents a time machine:thumbsup:[/quote']You can relive it via music, clothes, movies, and MIAMI VICE.Thank God for MIAMI VICE, as you can get transported back to a happier time. The 80's.When I watch MIAMI VICE, I'm in the 80's again.

Hi Everyoneits been a while but last night i cracked out the MV boxset and started her upgot up to and finished heart of Darkness it feels good to be sitting relaxing with some MV i have been watching' date=' the shield, Sons of anarchy, SVU and others but nothing and i mean nothing can beat MV...hope everyone is doing ok, gotta say whats up to coop possibly the coolest cat in the MV game today....[/quote']You'll never look at Al Bundy the same way again! You may also request The Tubes on your local radio station 80s night as well. No bad thing in my opinion.

You can relive it via music' date=' clothes, movies, and MIAMI VICE.Thank God for MIAMI VICE, as you can get transported back to a happier time. The 80's.When I watch MIAMI VICE, I'm in the 80's again.[/quote']Hmm..... I'd like to go back but to an 80s with the internet. I'd quite like to have my present salary back in 1984 as well (surprise surprise!) I could even just of stretched to buy a Daytona on my present paycheck 28 years ago. No chance in 2012 though!

I haven't long ago finished watching the complete Miami Vice collection so it'll be a while before i watch them from start to finish again. It's best to wait a while before inserting the dvds into the dvd player, otherwise the experience isn't as special. :done:

Welcome back, TS.....I've been watching one or two episodes a week from the very beginning of Season 1. Just enough to keep my interest and not take too much time from daily life.It's amazing how much I've forgotten in an episode, but I get engrossed in it and enjoy it more than any of the junk that's on TV now. Crockett & Tubbs are still more cool than anyone else on the Tube.:cool::thumbsup:

Welcome back' date=' TS.....I've been watching one or two episodes a week from the very beginning of Season 1. Just enough to keep my interest and not take too much time from daily life.It's amazing how much I've forgotten in an episode, but I get engrossed in it and enjoy it more than any of the junk that's on TV now. Crockett & Tubbs are still more cool than anyone else on the Tube.:cool::thumbsup:[/quote']i feel the exact way Mr TDim watching episodes i have seen 5+ times but still really enjoying them and in some cases feel like i havent seen them in 5 years, it feels so fresh....

I just watched Season 2 of Michael Mann's "Vega$" After I finished, I broke out Season One of Miami Vice last weekend. I remembered most of the pilot, but there was one scene I had totally forgotten about. Tubbs in the strip club singing along to, "Somebody's Watchin' Me." Great to watch this again. I'll be watching all summer. :thumbsup:

I just watched Season 2 of Michael Mann's "Vega$" After I finished' date=' I broke out Season One of Miami Vice last weekend. I remembered most of the pilot, but there was one scene I had totally forgotten about. Tubbs in the strip club singing along to, "Somebody's Watchin' Me." Great to watch this again. I'll be watching all summer. :thumbsup:[/quote']Vega$ is a real under rated gem. It's kind of been forgotten, unfortunately. I meet a couple of friends in Vegas a couple times a year for an over-nighter. One of them brings DVDs of Vega$ and we watch at least 2 or 3 episodes while we're in Vegas.And Tubbs is awesome in the strip club. My friend and I use his line all the time when we're ordering food or whatever: "Keep up the good work, princess."

Vega$ is a real under rated gem. It's kind of been forgotten' date=' unfortunately. I meet a couple of friends in Vegas a couple times a year for an over-nighter. One of them brings DVDs of Vega$ and we watch at least 2 or 3 episodes while we're in Vegas.And Tubbs is awesome in the strip club. My friend and I use his line all the time when we're ordering food or whatever: "Keep up the good work, princess."[/quote']It's so under rated that I was surprised that they released it on DVD. I was only 5 when Vega$ first aired, so I never saw it until much later. If I wasn't such a big Robert Urich fan, I probably wouldn't have watched it.Lol. I'll have to use that line in a bar/restaurant sometime. :D

im a huge Michael Mann Fan' date=' thats what got me into MV in the first place.. so what is vega$ like?[/quote']Vega$ is solid, but it's certainly not as polished as Vice (Naturally...Vice is a one of a kind, groundbreaking show).Vega$ relied mainly on story, character and action, not so much on great direction. And the music is not a character like it is in Vice. Still, you will see some Vice foreshadowing: Dan Tana drives a classic convertible and lives in an unconventional space. He works, at times, in conjunction with a serious but dedicated lieutenant (I think that's his rank).Tana, like Crockett, has connections all over town, allowing him to go pretty much anywhere and get most anything he wants.Again, it's not as polished as Vice, but it's worth watching an episode or two.What I find most remarkable is seeing how Las Vegas has changed. We all know the city is made of nearly disposable buildings, but to see it in the late-'70s/earliest-'80s borders on the alien.

• 2 months later...
Yeah' date=' it's always fun to re-watch MIAMI VICE episodes that you haven't seen for a while. I get that great feeling of feeling like being somehow transported back to the 80's where life was the best! :thumbsup:I LOVE MIAMI VICE![/quote']It's great to be among like minded people.I go through spurts of watching my boxsets-for some reason i always need to watch after 10.pm-it takes me back to when i was a kid and stayed up late to watch the show on tv when i was 7 or 8.Like you i have fond memories of the 80's and miami vice has never lost it's appeal or coolness to me and im 33 now.