The music in "Milk Run"

CharlieGlide

I love the Jan Hammer music in the bar scene with John Kapelos ("You know they're making sex a misdemeanor...").The obvious selection in this episode is "Rain," which is an awesome track, too. But I've just (finally!) taken more serious notice of that little diddy from the bar scene.That's a great 'life in the '80s' scene in genral. One of those Miami Vice moments where you wish you could crawl into your tv and hang out at the bar while Crockett and Tubbs do their dirty work. I can imagine myself throwing 'em back with John Kapelos. While listening to Jan Hammer.

hi i find the music by zz top ( legs):thumbsup:,and pat benetar,hit me with your best shot:thumbsup:,jan hammer rain:thumbsup: she give the story a good note:thumbsup::cool::clap:

I love the Jan Hammer music in the bar scene with John Kapelos ("You know they're making sex a misdemeanor...").

This can be heard in two other places. This is the music heard outside the Ocean Club during the close-up of the "NOT D WYF" liscence plate in OUT WHERE THE BUSES DON'T RUN, Also, it can be heard for just a second in HEART OF DARKNESS when the wire TUBBS is wearing in the limo at the end of the show starts to break up. I too love the music, and it's a kind of JAN HAMMER "elevator music". :) Love it! :thumbsup:-COOP

Also' date=' it can be heard for just a second in HEART OF DARKNESS when the wire TUBBS is wearing in the limo at the end of the show starts to break up. I too love the music, and it's a kind of JAN HAMMER "elevator music". :) Love it! :thumbsup:-COOP[/quote']Coop: I think we're talking about two different pieces of music here. The music you describe in that scene in Heart of Darkness is guitar driven. The piece I'm talking about in "Milk Run" is strictly keyboard/synth. If you have the time, go check out that scene and you'll see what I'm talking about.Unless, the two music cues are from the same song, just different stages. I'd be curious if you know the music from Milk Run to be in any other episode. And yes, Jan Hammer elevator music rules. I just drove around with my wife and I had Jan Hammer elevator music playing on the cd. She likes the song used during the polo match in "Little Prince." Great tune.

This can be heard in two other places. This is the music heard outside the Ocean Club during the close-up of the "NOT D WYF" liscence plate in OUT WHERE THE BUSES DON'T RUN' date=' Also, it can be heard for just a second in HEART OF DARKNESS when the wire TUBBS is wearing in the limo at the end of the show starts to break up. I too love the music, and it's a kind of JAN HAMMER "elevator music". :) Love it! :thumbsup:-COOP[/quote']I always loved that number plate NOTDYF:D:)

• Administrators
Coop: I think we're talking about two different pieces of music here. The music you describe in that scene in Heart of Darkness is guitar driven. The piece I'm talking about in "Milk Run" is strictly keyboard/synth. If you have the time' date=' go check out that scene and you'll see what I'm talking about.[/quote']I'm afraid Coop is right on this one CG. You can hear the synth music first when Rico's wire begins to go bad, then when Rico starts hitting his chest trying to silence it the music begins to break up and the guitar music kicks in.and while we're on the topic, that guitar piece can also be heard in the beginning teaser for "The Dutch Oven" It begins right after Rico gets ripped off and flows right into Pat benetar's "Diamond Field"

I'm afraid Coop is right on this one CG. You can hear the synth music first when Rico's wire begins to go bad' date=' then when Rico starts hitting his chest trying to silence it the music begins to break up and the guitar music kicks in.and while we're on the topic, that guitar piece can also be heard in the beginning teaser for "The Dutch Oven" It begins right after Rico gets ripped off and flows right into Pat benetar's "Diamond Field"[/quote']Nice! Thanks for the clarification, Ferrariman. I'll have to give it a closer listen. To paraphrase Tubbs: You and Coop are on this like white on rice!ps: Anyone happen to know what that little track is called? I don't think it's on the Jan Hammer double set.

Nice! Thanks for the clarification' date=' Ferrariman. I'll have to give it a closer listen. To paraphrase Tubbs: You and Coop are on this like white on rice!ps: Anyone happen to know what that little track is called? I don't think it's on the Jan Hammer double set.[/quote']If Jan has given it a name, nobody knows what it is. It has never been released.

If Jan has given it a name' date=' nobody knows what it is. It has never been released.[/quote']Oh man...another great tune falls into the black hole that is the Jan Hammer collection of never-released tracks. I really really really really hope that Jan Hammer or Universal has preserved and stored these cues properly. I just worry that Hammer has released so much music in his life, that tracks like these are an afterthought for him.Please Hammer, don't hurt them!

Oh man...another great tune falls into the black hole that is the Jan Hammer collection of never-released tracks. I really really really really hope that Jan Hammer or Universal has preserved and stored these cues properly. I just worry that Hammer has released so much music in his life' date=' that tracks like these are an afterthought for him.Please Hammer, don't hurt them![/quote']I've thought about putting in a ton of energy and make a crusade to get the specialty soundtrack companies to release the MIAMI VICE score tracks, however, I know them, and the type of collectors they are after (I'm one of them with well over 2,000 soundtracks on CD) they are mainly interested in preserving, and releasing Orchestral scores from films.

I've thought about putting in a ton of energy and make a crusade to get the specialty soundtrack companies to release the MIAMI VICE score tracks' date=' however, I know them, and the type of collectors they are after (I'm one of them with well over 2,000 soundtracks on CD) they are mainly interested in preserving, and releasing Orchestral scores from films.[/quote']lets hope they release:thumbsup::D

that guitar piece can also be heard in the beginning teaser for "The Dutch Oven" It begins right after Rico gets ripped off and flows right into Pat benetar's "Diamond Field"

And in "Red Tape" heard while Bobby Diaz following Tubbs in car. :)CharlieGlide if You like unreleased Jan Hammer music from MV check this channel out :)http://www.youtube.com/user/Crockett1984

• Administrators

And in "Red Tape" heard when Bobby Diaz following Tubbs in car. :)

Correctamundo!! :thumbsup: