Something I never got and still don't get...?

Detective_Crockett

Why is it James ''Sonny'' Crockett, is his real name James and Sonny is his nickname or what? I saw on his badge once ''James Crockett'' It makes no sense to me, Not once does anybody call him James, everyone just refers to him as Sonny not James ever once, could somebody please explain it to me?

Why is it James ''Sonny'' Crockett' date=' is his real name James and Sonny is his nickname or what? I saw on his badge once ''James Crockett'' It makes no sense to me, Not once does anybody call him James, everyone just refers to him as Sonny not James ever once, could somebody please explain it to me?[/quote']
His real name is James.Sonny is his middle name
He just goes by his middle name.Tubbs in the Pilot said his full name, JAMES SONNY CROCKETT when he realized he was a one time College Football star. Perhaps that's why he goes by his middle name Sonny, as JAMES CROCKETT perhaps would ring a bell with people who may recognize him from his football days. Not good if your a local undercover cop. Just a guess.