I'm getting married!

Icemanmike

Yep, you got it mang... I'm getting hitched. In about 2 1/2 weeks. I've been away for a bit (wedding plans and stuff) and thought I'd share the cheer. The magic date is July 29th and then it's off to the aloha islands. This has been a big part of my summer and it's finally going to be here. I forgot how much there is to do and plan for. Here's a little backround info on Susan, my better half(for those who don't know). She and I met along time ago. Like I was 15 and she was 14 and our folks had mutual interests in boating. We kinds grew up together during the summers on Lake Michigan. Well, as we got older there was just something about here on year and well, we kinda were each other's first loves. If you could call it that. We were each othere's first kiss, for sure. We lost each other after that to whatever and time went on... Flash forward 24 years or something and I find her on facebook....That's when the fun begins. She was still single and in the area. We met and that was it. I wanted to make her mine, so I put a ring on it, she said yes and here we go. It's great as she's my best friend. She loves VICE and my car hobby/addiction. We even had the GTO in one shoot of engagement pics. As we get them I'll post some up. I tried so hard for a VICE type theme for the wedding, but no dice. I will have my wayfarers on hand for the ceremony as it's outside on a lake. I pushed for 80's only music which I kinda held for a bit but I'll get some fun ones in for sure. Thought I'd share with the vice family. You folks are great. Mike

Hey Mike....let me the first to wish you the best of happiness! :cheers: I'm glad she likes Miami Vice.....just don't watch any episodes on your Honeymoon. ;)

What a wonderful story, Icemanmike! :DWhat an amazing turn of events for you. :glossy:Congratulations and I wish you the very best in future happiness and better health.:thumbsup:

Wow... great story Icemanike!!!At least you are lucky to have found your old love and have so much in common. I too grew up as a piston head and I found very few women who enjoyed my obsession with my muscle cars. Now I'm into Offshore power boats and you think the bikini's would be lined up around the block?I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you guys have a great life together. Sounds like something special from the past has been rekindled?I am also searching for someone who was special to me many years ago as I sometimes wonder what ever happened to her?No luck finding her yet.....................................

Congrats to you. I know it was the best decision I ever made and it sounds like you have known her a long time so I know it will be great for you.

• Administrators

Mike, all the best to you and Sue. I know from experience that there's nothing better in life than having your wife as your best friend! It makes everything that much better. My 1st wife shared none of my interests and many of the things I loved (car shows for one) I did alone. No fun. My current wife/best friend enjoys these things and life is great!Good luck to both of you!!Lou

I am so pleased for you, Icemanmike. I hope eveyrthing goes well with the wedding and needless to say, I want to see some pictures of the big day!!!!

• Administrators

Well that's the best news I've heard all week.Congratulations to you and your soon to be.I wish you both the best! :thumbsup:Now if she watches MV with you on your honeymoon, you know you've got a keeper. ;)

Mike Buddy! Congrats!!! :clap: This is some awesome news. I'm so happy for you pal.Please, post pictures when you can.So, she likes MIAMI VICE? Sounds like a keeper! (does she have a sister? ;))ALL THE BEST,-COOP

Hey Icemanmike...If your planning the peverbial Niagara Falls honeymoon then feel free to give me a shout and I would love to take you guys out for a boatride!I'm ten minutes from the Falls.................:D

Thank You so much with all the kind and thoughtful replies. Everyone here is just so great and kind. We really appreciate it. Yeah, it is kinda a story book romance. We were friends when we were younger and after 24 years go by with no contact, we get back together again and we're both what we've been searching for. I wish I could view a little Vice on the honeymoon, yet going to the island of Kaua'i I don't think we'd have much time except on the plane(17 hours travel time). I travel pretty well, yet sitting that long will be a challenge. Yes, pics will follow when they become avail to us and I'll be happy to post them. Once again, thank you all so much for the great compliments and wishes. Mike and Susan.

Hey Icemanmike...If your planning the peverbial Niagara Falls honeymoon then feel free to give me a shout and I would love to take you guys out for a boatride!I'm ten minutes from the Falls.................:D

I'd LOVE to take you up on that! I did drop the ball earlier this year and I did not get the paperwork for passports going. I wonder if I can do it on a visitors pass? If we could, it would be after the second week in August. Would that work for you? I'm pretty sure I have that keychain for you. I know about one, just have to make sure I have one for myself, yet I'm getting pretty good on a CNC mill right now and may make another batch. I haven't forgotten 'bout ya buddie, just tangled up in all sorta stuff...I'm surprised at the fact there's no lovely ladies wanting to go for boat rides? Seems to me that's the thing to do in the summer, at least that's a HUGE deal here by Lake Michigan. The surface temp is about 80-81° now- Unbelievable!! We've been finding out that when the temps go up, the water is THE place to be. Mike

August is fine pal!Anytime for you my friend.....I will be in the Buffalo poker Run on August 10 up in the Upper River between Buffalo and Grand island for the afternoon. That is a great show of offshore powerboats for sure! Hope you can get into our friendly country...you probably can...but getting back into the US is the problem so get your paperwork done. I crossed the border every week for the last year and the U.S side is very anal. Canadians smile at you and say welcome. Two different worlds at the border I suppose?I have a Nexus card so I have no issues crossing back and forth.

Wow! What a great story. So, one can say that life always writes the best (love) stories. I wish you all the best for your life together, and, as Sue said, of course I too want to see some pics of the big day.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to all the warm wishes and replies. We are have such a wonderful time on the island of Kauai right now. The air is, well, perfect. I belive the temp is the same all year round. I wish I could bottle it up and keep it for when the season's change once we get back home. We are from Michigan anyway...LOL. It's been a few days since I've been here and what in the world has happened to the site? This used to be alot more fun before it changed? Does anyone know if it's a permanent thing? It just seems to be more difficult to navigate than before... I guess I have to get used to it again... I'll have some great wedding and honeymoon pics coming, so stay tuned. We did a 17 mile kayak trip in the Pacific yesterday that included some caves with waterfalls that you could swim in. I don't know where I could do that anywhere. The local vibe is pretty cool with "no worries mon...It's all good, ya know". Easy to adopt the island lifestyle witha little VICE twist in it. Gotta run, we have some zip lining to do later in the day with a trip to Pearl Harbor tomorrow and then some snorkeling to do... There isn't enough time in the day and the local food is awesome! Mike

Sounds all about a quite perfect :happy: honeymoon !!! :D :DVery nice to let us know how *things* ;) are going on in your *new* life!!!I am stay tuned !!!I am really looking forward to your pics ! :thumbsup:and...BTW....good to hear there is someone else who mention the meanwhile MORE DIFFICULT navigation (what a nice wording for a bad situation) here with us.