FOUND! SEASON 3 JACKET!!

Brother in Arms

I thought you had the Shirt/Jacket at #1 on your list? But then again' date=' many of the Crockett Jackets are similar...Mind if I ask how much you paid for Jacket #3?[/quote']This was number three of my top 3, not number one. There are lots of Crockett jackets I want, and need to acquire. I don't tell how much I pay for most MIAMI VICE items anymore, for several reasons. One big example is that some might think I'm an idiot for paying such a price. I remember mentioning how much I paid for a pair of Crockett's sunglasses in one of my threads, and the response was shock that I'd pay that much for them. Not everyone has the financial means to do this, so it might not look too good to put that out there. I figure I better not mention prices anymore, as the focus should not be what I paid, just that I have it to share with you, and everyone. :thumbsup: Your Awesome mvnyc! Sure am happy that you like the jacket!

I would like to buy one like that (that was my reason for asking). You posted a pic a while back where you had aquired five (5) jackets (I think) and there was one in that picture that I also liked which looked similar to this one (but it's been a long day and my brain is starting the downward slide, I could be wrong). It might've been a heavier weight jacket...

Remember' date=' I previously acquired a blazer version of this jacket. It was the closest to it I had at the time. It's the exact same material, and the exact same pattern, except the blazer version has the stripes Horizontal, and not vertical.[img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/stripeblack.jpgI like the VICE version better! :thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild
I would like to buy one like that (that was my reason for asking). You posted a pic a while back where you had aquired five (5) jackets (I think) and there was one in that picture that I also liked which looked similar to this one (but it's been a long day and my brain is starting the downward slide' date=' I could be wrong). It might've been a heavier weight jacket...[/quote']Perhaps you mean this jacket? It's the same pattern. Is this the one? They are not cheap. These were made in late 1985 and shown on vice in 1986. They were made roughly, 27 years ago. Time sure flys...doesn't it?

Yep, that's the one. I'm sure none of those are cheap, especially if they're linen or an imported fabric. Ok, next question, refresh my memory: You're buying the originals or copies of the originals?

Yep' date=' that's the one. I'm sure none of those are cheap, especially if they're linen or an imported fabric. Ok, next question, refresh my memory: You're buying the originals or copies of the originals?[/quote']I will buy both. Most are originals. When an original just can't be located, I try to get the exact same thing as the original. In fact, those could have been on the set. Remember, there wasn't just ONE of any jacket on the Vice wardrobe set. They had multiple copies of the same outfit.Some scenes require duplicates, or even 4 copies of the clothes. One is the "hero" version, (or the one they will wear), one is a backup, and two are meant for the stuntman. Some were in the wardrobe dept, and never used, and they no longer own those. Therefore, it can, in a way be an original (in the inventory of the VICE wardrobe dept. ) but not actually physically worn by the star. Some were there just as backups.They bought these long in advance of the episodes to be shot. They knew the stars measurements, and could go to the top fashion shows in Europe to get a jump on them hitting the market. They then did deals with the manufacturers for multiple copies, as it was easier to deal with them that way, instead of just buying one item here and there. The clothing budget for an episode for the main stars was $7,000.00 (in 1980's money).....per episode!. The budget for the extras was $20,000.00 for the whole year, so you'd have to be careful how you spent the money for the extras!

Have you been in touch with Jodie Tillen from the series? She would be a good resource for locating #2 and #1 on your list :)

Have you been in touch with Jodie Tillen from the series? She would be a good resource for locating #2 and #1 on your list :)

Maybe...........maybe! :) -Tubbs to Crockett in the PilotI'm working on those. Luckily, I have lot's of connections for that sort of stuff. Not everything is inventoried the same way it was long ago in the Wardrobe truck (don't forget to check out the thread about the items I personally got from the driver and his wife from the Wardrobe truck!), or the Wardrobe Dept. in Miami on the fourth floor of the Alexander Hotel. Everything was sent back here in California to UNIVERSAL more than two decades ago. Things are scattered, sold off, and not inventoried the way one would think after this much time. Many items are no longer there. Some are long forgotten.

Maybe...........maybe! :) -Tubbs to Crockett in the PilotI'm working on those. Luckily' date=' I have lot's of connections for that sort of stuff. Not everything is inventoried the same way it was long ago in the Wardrobe truck (don't forget to check out the thread about the items I personally got from the driver and his wife from the Wardrobe truck!), or the Wardrobe Dept. in Miami on the fourth floor of the Alexander Hotel. Everything was sent back here in California to UNIVERSAL more than two decades ago. Things are scattered, sold off, and not inventoried the way one would think after this much time. Many items are no longer there. Some are long forgotten.[/quote']I bet you do! I remember when the series ended, I was down here on vacation and went walking through the Alexander Hotel, they were literally giving things away, props, party favors (the bar type), stationery, pens, you name it... My ex-wife has video of it (if she didn't burn it by now!)...

I bet you do! I remember when the series ended' date=' I was down here on vacation and went walking through the Alexander Hotel, they were literally giving things away, props, party favors (the bar type), stationery, pens, you name it... My ex-wife has video of it (if she didn't burn it by now!)...[/quote']A video of it you said?? Time to make nice with the ex-wife, and post it on the website!C'mon dude, take one for the team. :)

You've pulled out an ACE with this jacket, Cooper! :clap: :clap::clap:It is a terrific looking jacket and very stylish....... and I have to say it is very flattering on you. :thumbsup: You scored extremely well with the fit on this baby. ;)I personally think the black pants suit the jacket best. :thumbsup:I got a laugh when I saw this:

I have one of those shirts! I CAN do this! :thumbsup:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

:)

You've pulled out an ACE with this jacket' date=' Cooper! :clap: :clap::clap:It is a terrific looking jacket and very stylish....... and I have to say it is very flattering on you. :thumbsup: You scored extremely well with the fit on this baby. ;)I personally think the black pants suit the jacket best. :thumbsup:I got a laugh when I saw this: :)[/quote']Thank you so much juscat for the compliments! :o:o I really, really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much juscat for the compliments! :o:o I really' date=' really appreciate it! :thumbsup:[/quote']congrats man and just curious whats left on that list of the top ten your looking for outside of the ones already mentoned? anymore S3 ones like the ones he had very eariler in S3?also just curious what does it say on it brand wise? hugo boss?and yeah Garry I miss those days when style ment something other than looking as ridiculious as possibile for the most money you could throw at it, its like they dont even know what color balance or contrast means anymore.and it seems like they've given up and gone back to the 60's route of unicolors again suit wise from what I'm seeing mixed in with a white undershirt and usually a tie thats the same color as the suit.hell Don would blow them away walking down the red carpet with his old clothes, like going from black and white to color tv, kinda like what yello did with that Tangier blue video for the virtual concert a year or so ago actually:
just needs tan pants and maybe ditch the yellow hair and Boris Blank would be there.and yeah its THAT yello, the ones they used for some of the S3 and S4 songs are still around and making music like they used to back in the 1980's

I will buy both. Most are originals. When an original just can't be located' date=' I try to get the exact same thing as the original. In fact, those could have been on the set. Remember, there wasn't just ONE of any jacket on the Vice wardrobe set. They had multiple copies of the same outfit.Some scenes require duplicates, or even 4 copies of the clothes. One is the "hero" version, (or the one they will wear), one is a backup, and two are meant for the stuntman. Some were in the wardrobe dept, and never used, and they no longer own those. Therefore, it can, in a way be an original (in the inventory of the VICE wardrobe dept. ) but not actually physically worn by the star. Some were there just as backups.They bought these long in advance of the episodes to be shot. They knew the stars measurements, and could go to the top fashion shows in Europe to get a jump on them hitting the market. They then did deals with the manufacturers for multiple copies, as it was easier to deal with them that way, instead of just buying one item here and there. The clothing budget for an episode for the main stars was $7,000.00 (in 1980's money).....per episode!. The budget for the extras was $20,000.00 for the whole year, so you'd have to be careful how you spent the money for the extras![/quote']PHEW !This topic does not let me out of its claws!!!Actually I have only wanted to read more *happy words by members* who also have their pleasure to see an ORIGINAL MIAMI VICE PIECE OF CLOTH but...OG !:eek:SO MUCH much informations in this response by you Coop !! :D:DI have not known most of all what you have mentioned in this response.WOW! That is forum alive !To get known SUCH special infos.THANK YOU !!!

A video of it you said?? Time to make nice with the ex-wife' date=' and post it on the website!C'mon dude, take one for the team. :)[/quote']We're not on speaking terms and I don't see that changing any time soon....

also just curious what does it say on it brand wise? hugo boss?

I saw the same jacket on ebay not long ago. I can say what brand it is, if Coop don't mind.

I saw the same jacket on ebay not long ago. I can say what brand it is' date=' if Coop don't mind.[/quote']well I'm also kind of curious as I found an older silk like windbreaker along the lines of what he wore in the good collar except in dark grey with a german like name on it called reine seide that sounds really similar to the description of this garment with the deal with the shoulder pads and no inner lining save for one inner pocket

Coop' date=' DJ is a 44 R ? I'd say PMT is a 42R or 40R .... whadda you think ?[/quote']DJ in the 80's mostly wore a 42R, but would also wear a 44, as some designs fit fine a bit larger, and some designers fit differently.I know all of DJ's clothes measurements from the 80s.I don't know what PMT's measurements are, as I don't own any of his clothes. I'm guessing also a 42r.

Do you have the jacket Crockett wears in Junk Love when he's at silvas party?

Nope, don't have it.