Shadow In The Dark

Detective_Crockett

one of the best episodes don't you think? but what I didn't understand was how Crockett was actually going crazy?

Yes he was actually losing it. He was thinking so much like the criminal. Also this episode and Milk Run are really the only two episodes where Sonny is really emotional at the end.

No Sleep Man, when you don't sleep for awhile your mind goes a little haywireEingefügtes BildOf course I am an exception to the rule.The night is meant for a little hell raising and trouble.I am up.Just saw this episode a few days and love it.

Love it!! Wheres the meat though? Lol

Chloe I'm happy that you love it, as C&B says, this pic is a .ws classic!The meat is on top of the flour, see?I haven't forgotten anything because I used the "Shadow checklist" :)red lipstick :done:tinfoil :done:meat :done:flour :done:pants :done:Crockett is missing... :cry:

Chloe I'm happy that you love it' date=' as C&B says, this pic is a .ws classic!The meat is on top of the flour, see?I haven't forgotten anything because I used the "Shadow checklist" :)red lipstick :done:tinfoil :done:meat :done:flour :done:pants :done:Crockett is missing... :cry:[/quote']Oh yes do sorry I missed the meat : ) Great ep this one & a slightly different feel to it which is good. Love the scene with Castillo and Sonny in the cafe.

• 1 month later...

great episode-the relief of sonny when the insane cop picks out the same house he had andTubbs line about having tea and thorozine with the same guy is a classic too lol.

• 6 years later...

He becomes entirely absorbed and obsessed with the case. Plus he puts himself in the mindset of the criminal in order to catch him.  While this is effective it is also not healthy, and Sonny suffers the consequences of his full investment.  This is a common Mann theme, especially in Manhunter.  Another real-life case like this is the Zodiac which has captivated  a great many people in trying to solve it.

it's interesting to see too, that in the 80s psychiatrics weren't as popular as they are today. for most people of that era, going to the psychiatrics, was like showing a weakness, and was avoided as much as possible. nowadays, a case like Crockett in the episode would have been detected much sooner by his superiors, and sent to a psychiatrics, and/or stopped