Musicians/Actors Who Never Made The Show

mvnyc

I can think of two instances where people were either scheduled to be on Miami Vice or were cut from an episode. The first: Iggy Pop's scene in a season one episode was cut from the final edit for reasons unknown. The second: (the late) Ben Orr of The Cars was scheduled to be on an episode, but due to touring with The Cars and his own solo tour, he couldn't make it. Can you think of any more?

Not quite the same thing, but I know at one point they were trying to use a John Mellencamp song but couldn't clear it. I wonder what song and what ep that would've been, could've been something pretty cool, especially if it was song off of Scarecrow, The Lonesome Jubilee, or Big Daddy (if Big Daddy was out while MV was still on the air).Also, as far as I know it was never planned, but I would have really liked to have seen Meat Loaf as a special guest star (villian?). I'm not sure why, I just really like Meat Loaf.

Wasnt Tina Turner planned to be on Vice?

Yes, she was offered she was offered the role of the Santeria priest in season 2 "whatever works" but turned it down.

Tina Turner was to play a madam in MIAMI VICE.Phil Collins was asked to return.President George Bush Sr. was asked to be in the show.I have vintage articles to support all three of the above.

Of course Meatloaf turned up with DJ and PMT in a 1997 episode of Nash Bridges :thumbsup::D

Oh wow, didn't know that! Guess I'm pretty far behind when it comes to NB! Thanks!

I've heard this. Didn't he want to but just couldn't make it work due to his schedule?

That would have been great but he was very busy from 1985 to 1989 :D

@Coop' date=' please scan them and share with us! :D[/quote']
I've heard this. Didn't he want to but just couldn't make it work due to his schedule?
I already did. It's in the scrapbook section, don't you guys ever visit my section? ;):)O.k., o.k, I'll see if I can dig them up, and post them.

I already did. It's in the scrapbook section' date=' don't you guys ever visit my section? ;):)O.k., o.k, I'll see if I can dig them up, and post them.[/quote']PHIL COLLINShttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1401-VICE-ASKED-COLLINS-TO-RETURNGEORGE BUSH SR.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?2244-GEORGE-BUSH-SR-ON-MIAMI-VICEGLENN FREYEingefügtes BildTINA TURNER & JIMMY BUFFETEingefügtes BildThere ya go!

Does anyone have any proof of any other actor who was asked, but never made it on the show?

Does anyone have any proof of any other actor who was asked' date=' but never made it on the show?[/quote']Who asked for proof? I just asked a question to start this thread. We're not on trial here dude, calm down....

Who asked for proof? I just asked a question to start this thread. We're not on trial here dude' date=' calm down....[/quote']?( Ahh... I was just seeing if someone had any other articles or things to support who may have been asked to be on the show. If so, it would be cool to see, and read an article or newspaper cut out. New Miami Vice information is always neat to read. I collect these articles.

Does anyone have any proof of any other actor who was asked' date=' but never made it on the show?[/quote']Tina Turner - obviously didnt pan out or Jimmy Buffet and Glenn Frey returning.Phil Collins was also due to appear in the last season but that fell through :D

• 6 years later...
On 8/3/2012 at 10:44 AM, mvnyc said:

I can think of two instances where people were either scheduled to be on Miami Vice or were cut from an episode. The first: Iggy Pop's scene in a season one episode was cut from the final edit for reasons unknown. The second: (the late) Ben Orr of The Cars was scheduled to be on an episode, but due to touring with The Cars and his own solo tour, he couldn't make it. Can you think of any more?

I heard the reason Iggy was cut was because that scene was too risque’ and involved S&M type imagery.  The more I hear about it though the more I think it was for the best considering it was in Evan.  It wouldn't have fit the tone of that episode imo, but I would like to have seen Iggy used elsewhere later.  How cool would it have been to see Iggy in Jack of All Trades?