Episode 68: Heroes of The Revolution

C Glide

vor 16 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

This is what that 1973 picture look's like now.

Historic Ball & Chain Building-Little Havana 1501 SW 8th St

Untitled.png.995756ccb5d5954112729fbf87fcf2bd.png

I know but the building fronts have been massively remodeled since the 80s and the current state can therefore not be compared to what we see on TV.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the red & white striped canopy:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-29 um 12.13.04.png

I noticed an identical canopy in North Beach in "The Maze" (except for a sign added to the bottom).  It wouldn't make sense for them to go up to North Beach for this tiny scene, but I'm just posting what I noticed.

nbeach.png.fee0516f9ebac4706c719dee0194b476.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

NEW LOCATION FOUND: The "airport garage" was in fact the garage at 42nd street/Royal palm Ave in Miami Beach as per daily location sheet on Monday 9 March 1987 (first filming day of 7). The last day (16 March) shows that only one little scene (Garbey picking up his baggage at the conveyor belt) was actually filmed at Miami Int´l airport. DJ and PMT never set a foot onto the airport premises for this episode as the garage was apparently decorated. We discussed exactly that earlier, but the abundance of (geographically absolute correct) signs misled me. The garage choice at 42nd Street was smart as this was very close to the Pedroza villa at Pinetree Drive where they filmed on day 2.

Other than that no big news. As suspected Gina´s apartment was a studio set (March 16, last day). The only unknown location in this episode, the Havana teaser, is not on these two dailies that I was able to obtain, so this is still one of the 7 unknown locations overall.?(!

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-20 um 12.39.51.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-20 um 12.40.52.png

Heroes of the revolution 9 March 87.jpg

Heroes of the revolution 16 March 87.jpg

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2