The Fixx on Kimmel

Beach_Vice

• 2 months later...

Only a day or so late, how did I miss this post on my :radar: I can't believe I stayed up that late. I should've taken the next day off...? Just so I could watch 5 min on the telly.. hehe.They are on a roll lately. Did you get their new CD? The version of the Kimmel taping online had them playing other songs at some point during/after the show. Kudos to you, Sir!

I'm a BIG fan of The Fixx:radio: those guys are great' date='I listen to their songs every day[/quote']With the help of a friend with a home recording studio, I recorded a favorite song of my wife's, "Secret Separation" and gave the CD to her on Valentine's Day about four years ago. She was so thrilled. I was able to bring her to see Cy Curnin do a solo show just before last summer. It was awesome...there weren't that many people there and we were feet from the stage. Cy made lots of eye contact with the audience and I felt he could see my wife's health was not good (he makes generous efforts to fight cancer, so I think he knows something of its effects) and looked over at her quite a bit.This would be my wife's last full concert and I was so happy it was Cy Curnin, playing loads of Fixx songs includiong Secret Separation. Great band.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a huge Fixx fan been one since I was 7 back in 2001.I was into WW2 and stuff then and watching the boys in WW2 British uniforms and that Firefly tank in Stand or Fall sealed the deal for me.My dad recorded the Kimmel performance for me and they are still great!Like what Toni say's in GTA Vice City after One Thing Leads to Another is played "What a song what a band!".CharlieGlide your story is very touching and I bet Cy knew what was up.My condolences to you Charlie!"Life is forward,no idle regrets"-The Fixx (I Will)