RIP Tony Scott

Guest myonlyvice

Guest myonlyvice

This is kind of old news by now, but it doesn't appear anybody has started a thread about it yet.This man was one of my favorite directors, perhaps my absolute favorite. I would recommend any of his films.Any film fanatic would be aware of the certain little idiosyncrasies that define the style of a director whose films he likes to watch. These can pertain to visual aspects or storytelling or whatever. One thing I always kept an eye out for in a Tony Scott film was his consistent use of sheer white curtains. Next time you watch a T.S. movie, look for them yourself. This is a sad occasion. Tony Scott, you will be missed.

First I've heard of it actually, and the list of films he's done is like a whos who of movies I've liked, outside of the remake of the taking of pelham 123, I preferred the original with the guy who played grant from russia with love playing the villanI still remember days of thunder when it was first shown on TV after it came out Question is though, why? guy had a loving family and everything going for him, I guess we'll find out latter.

Guest myonlyvice

Perhaps I should have included a brief filmography with my original post but I figured anybody who loves the 80's, i.e., everybody here, would already be familiar with him. In case there is somebody here who doesn't know him by name, allow me to use two words: "Top Gun". Check out the IMDB so that you can fully appreciate the impact this man had on the film industry.